• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

English Domestic Season 2024

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Also interesting to see the lesser-spotted Dom Bess playing for Yorkshire.
And among the wickets. I'm pleased to see Dan Moriarty doing likewise. It's hard to criticise Surrey's approach after winning the last two CCs, but I always rated Moriarty and was sorry to see him leave.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Essex all out second time around, leaving Somerset 167 to win. I can't see that being an easy chase given what we've seen so far in this game.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bit of a crap shoot that match between Essex and Somerset. Could have gone either way, but looks like Somerset took a bit more of an aggressive approach in the 2nd dig to try and negate or overcome the pitch and got the job done. Fair play.

tony p

First Class Debutant
Bit of a crap shoot that match between Essex and Somerset. Could have gone either way, but looks like Somerset took a bit more of an aggressive approach in the 2nd dig to try and negate or overcome the pitch and got the job done. Fair play.
Rob Key on to the Somerset groundsman and probably asking the ECB to give them a 50 point penalty for a poor pitch.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Good recovery by Lancashire .

Another 50 runs could make this very interesting.
Batted pretty well all day, a couple of the 50s really should have been converted though. Bit of rain is forecast tomorrow so I am starting to lean towards a draw

Yeoman

U19 Vice-Captain
Rob Key on to the Somerset groundsman and probably asking the ECB to give them a 50 point penalty for a poor pitch.
Wouldn’t surprise me. However while two day finishes like this are not ideal, they are better in my book than some of the bore draws that we saw in the early rounds.

kevinw

State Vice-Captain
Batted pretty well all day, a couple of the 50s really should have been converted though. Bit of rain is forecast tomorrow so I am starting to lean towards a draw
Rain predicted to arrive around lunch - Kent just need to crack on with it in the morning.

mackembhoy

International Debutant
Joe Root can get stuffed.

Everytime this chat happens from players or those in the game.

They never actually say how they will do it in the media. Almost like afraid of the fans backlash.

If Root/Mitchell came out and said we want to play this many CC,Blast and One Day Cup games as much as I disagree with them I'd least respect them giving a proper opinion.

This is just pointless pathetic soundbites. Offer an alternative or shut up and play cricket.

Yeoman

U19 Vice-Captain
There are 183 days between 1st April and 30th September. The county championship programme takes 56 days maximum. The one day cup takes 11 days maximum. There is not too much cricket.

Addendum: I was being somewhat facetious above however, while I in no way favour the sell off of hundred franchises, if the money the counties recover from it could be held in a form of trust and paid out annually to supplement the ECB distribution then it would enable a reduction of the Blast programme which is indeed too long and the chief cause of complaint in the PCA article.

tony p

First Class Debutant
Everytime this chat happens from players or those in the game.

They never actually say how they will do it in the media. Almost like afraid of the fans backlash.

If Root/Mitchell came out and said we want to play this many CC,Blast and One Day Cup games as much as I disagree with them I'd least respect them giving a proper opinion.

This is just pointless pathetic soundbites. Offer an alternative or shut up and play cricket.
Joe Root plays so much domestic cricket so he would know obviously.

Reactions: FBU