• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

You know what really grinds my cricketing gears?

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The referral system.

I thought batsmen who are given out and know the decision was incorrect were meant to be able to use it to have the decision reversed. Seemingly not.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Teams who bat on so their players can reach milestones, rather than having a crack at victory.

Sure, India might well have not bowled us out, but with 53 overs left at lunch, they could have set an aggressive field and had a go. But no, let Yuvraj and Gamhir ton up (which they didn't anyway, so the whole thing was a waste of time). It's times like this when you can understand why people find cricket boring - two days ago this was a fascinating match, what a piece of **** of a last day. India had nothing to lose.

susudear

Banned
I agree

it was **** boring to **** watch today match. not wonder indian batsmen have nice records because they are ****ing selfish. so booooorrrring. corwd should demand theit money back. i didn;t pay to come watch selfish **** batsmen scoring centuriy.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Teams who bat on so their players can reach milestones, rather than having a crack at victory.

Sure, India might well have not bowled us out, but with 53 overs left at lunch, they could have set an aggressive field and had a go. But no, let Yuvraj and Gamhir ton up (which they didn't anyway, so the whole thing was a waste of time). It's times like this when you can understand why people find cricket boring - two days ago this was a fascinating match, what a piece of **** of a last day. India had nothing to lose.
Michael Atherton deeply regretted declaring on Graeme Hick to deny him a century. And that was in a match that England did need to win.

Make no mistake, it's not ideal to have teams making no effort to force a result and it does risk fan apathy. But don't underestimate the importance of individual milestones to team morale.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Athers declared when Hick was in the 90s. Dhoni should have declared long before then.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I was half-asleep through most of today's play, that's how boring it mostly was, but was he in the remotest position to declare with zero risk before Yuvraj or Gambhir reached 70?

Once a batsman gets to 70, he'll rightly start thinking about a century and would feel denied if his captain declared with him on *.

susudear

Banned
Richie

Broken record Richie Benaud harping about Ponting's footwork, or lack of it, everytime he mistimes or misses a shot.

JimmyGS

First Class Debutant
Fast bowlers who think they're making a difference by getting all angry at the batsman.

It makes no difference, I will laugh in your face. Me laughing doesn't change your physical makeup so that you can bowl quicker. It doesn't matter to me.