• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

wtf just happened to cricinfo

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If I wanted to look up batting/bowling statistics of some series, I used to go to that match's scorecard from the player profile of some guy who'd played in it, and then there'd be a link to the series home, from which you could get the batting/bowling stats. Now you need to click on Series > Series Archive > [select appropriate year/season] > [select appropriate series] > go to batting/bowling stats page.

This might be the first thing that's actually improved since the redesign.
In theory, yes. But most of the links from that search are broken and series stats for many of them are just an empty page.

OverratedSanity

The thing I'm missing most of all is the Wisden/match reports being gone from the match page. I don't want to go digging through some archive for a specific report. You used to have end of day reports for the entire match right beside the scorecard for the match. It was so convenient.

Howe_zat

Audio File
The thing I'm missing most of all is the Wisden/match reports being gone from the match page. I don't want to go digging through some archive for a specific report. You used to have end of day reports for the entire match right beside the scorecard for the match. It was so convenient.
spot on, pain in the aris for pod research

OverratedSanity

The addition of this extra tab on the scorecard which shows ball by ball hawkye trajectories, bowling speeds for every bowler to every batsman for the entire match, a chart showing how much each ball bounced, etc is seriously great.

For example this chart shows how mad the pitch got in the 2nd innings in the Ind-Aus Bangalore test

The bowling speeds are great too. Checked out Johnson's bowling speeds from the Ashes in 2013/14 and the following summer v India and it showed a drop of around 3 mph on average, which is significant but also not as much as I thought it'd be.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Their app on iOS is complete junk. Score page with or without being on a VPN doesn't load anything.

Daemon

I think most of that data was available before the change, and has merely been reinstated.
Yeah I recall looking for Johnson's speeds in that series a week ago and couldn't find them. You used to be able to do that and the pitch maps, not sure about the height thing.

turnstyle

First Class Debutant
Amongst a lot of other things, what ****s me off is where current matches used to sit on the side with a drop down menu for each series/tournament, you now need to scroll horizontally all the way to the end to get a scorecard from associate international/domestic games not in your country.

Utter pain in the ****ing ****.

Bring back live careers stats back too pls tks.

Bijed

International Regular
Latest update seems decent enough, if fairly low-key - adds a bit more info to the summary view (I think, I've already kinda forgotten what it looked like a couple of days ago) but some of the info that you'd often want so see is displayed more prominently, which is nice. The circles in the recent deliveries thing just below the summary are easier to read now too.

Looks a bit more cluttered than before, but I don't really care about that tbh. Haven't yet noticed any exciting new things

Last edited:

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
Realised the change that annoys me most (of which there are many). I literally haven't been able to work out how I can find the live Shield scores without customising my homepage to the Australian one. In the old style (probably talking before the 2015 change) all you had to do if you weren't on the specific country version was expand the "Australian/England/Indian/etc domestic" section on the live scores tab. Meant there wasn't a whole page of scores if you didn't care but you could access them through one click if you wanted to.