• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Windies Team Discussion, and Other Related Things Thread

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Since the introduction of the big money Stanford T20 league, there’s been only one genuine direction for the players in our region.

Ironic that the format of the game was introduced at a point in our cricketing history where we were in free falling decline.

#championstrophychamps

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
The boys under 17 tournament bowled off today.

The conditions they are playing in are pathetic. No wonder we can't produce batters that convert starts into hundreds if they are playing on pitches and outfields far worse than UK club and school grounds. We have to do better.

SillyCowCorner1

Record for batsmen batting at the crucial number 6 position for us in the last 10 years,

1723685368834.png

Our current #6 with a stellar record!

Beamer

Not sure why JDS doesn't bat at 6.

Bit surprised by Blackwood's stats batting at 6.
100% concur. I guess Blackwood had some success counterattacking at 6 but just didn't have the technical capacity to succeed against test bowling batting any higher.

Beamer

Number 6 should always be Joshua Da Silva. He is much better in most departments than Big Jase.
I'll be honest; I'm not convinced by either at 6. Josh has not improved as much as I had hoped he would. He is still playing around that front pad and seems unable to change that. Sometimes, the lbws he gets are embarrassingly obvious, and yet he is not adapting. That is not test match batting. I'm concerned about him.

SillyCowCorner1

I'll be honest; I'm not convinced by either at 6. Josh has not improved as much as I had hoped he would. He is still playing around that front pad and seems unable to change that. Sometimes, the lbws he gets are embarrassingly obvious, and yet he is not adapting. That is not test match batting. I'm concerned about him.
I am more of the optimist when it comes to JDS. His technique is one that can only get better from here.

Beamer

I used to follow him when I had social media and he's relationship with his wife seemed weird.
The general consensus is that all the strange things that Hety has done regarding West Indies cricket are at least in some way linked to her (not crossing the bridge in time to make the world cup etc). It is literally a teacher-student dynamic.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
The general consensus is that all the strange things that Hety has done regarding West Indies cricket are at least in some way linked to her (not crossing the bridge in time to make the world cup etc). It is literally a teacher-student dynamic.
you're too kind. she groomed him.