• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Wimbledon 2024

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
May as well crank up a new thread for this.

The Men's title likely to be decided by the Alcaraz/Sinner semi final. Could easily be a random coming through from the bottom half if Djokovic isn't fully fit.

The Women's looks very open with question marks over many of the top players. Can see Gauff getting an easy run through and potentially never facing one of the top seeds.

And will Andy Murray retire at some point in the next 2 weeks?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I used to really quite enjoy watching tennis (I guess this is going back about twenty odd years now), but these days I just can't put up with it at all. I think it's the linearity of it all, coupled with the fact that in tends to be dominated by 1-2 players for literally decades on end.

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
I used to really quite enjoy watching tennis (I guess this is going back about twenty odd years now), but these days I just can't put up with it at all. I think it's the linearity of it all, coupled with the fact that in tends to be dominated by 1-2 players for literally decades on end.
Yeah, I watched a shitload during the prime of Murray, but I've started to realise it was more because of him than my real love of the sport. But no doubt I'll dip in and out this week.

Raducanu has a very interesting match up second on Centre this afternoon.

It's now 28 years since I had a job cleaning toilets there!! Coincided with Euro '96, the birth of Henmania, Martina Hingis, and Cliff Richard doing his ****ing singalong in the rain!! I feel old.....

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, I watched a ****load during the prime of Murray, but I've started to realise it was more because of him than my real love of the sport. But no doubt I'll dip in and out this week.

Raducanu has a very interesting match up second on Centre this afternoon.

It's now 28 years since I had a job cleaning toilets there!! Coincided with Euro '96, the birth of Henmania, Martina Hingis, and Cliff Richard doing his ****ing singalong in the rain!! I feel old.....
I played cricket for the club across the road for a few years

Wimbledon pays them a fortune for the use of their ground and tennis courts so club was never short of a quid

Members got free tickets etc and a lot of players & celebs were around the club

Fun times

Brook's side

International Regular
She was sensational today. Got a real chance of winning it if she keeps playing like that.
Best she's played since USO21.

kyear2

International Coach
Sinner had a little scare today, but can also serve as a tune up for him. Berrotini played really well though.

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
Boulter Dart is going to be a battle.
They hate each other with a passion.
Do they? Dart whinged about line calls in the last meeting and seems to have an issue with Boulter. Doesn't seem like Boulter cares one way or the other.

Also, Dart's sister works for a Tory MP....

Brook's side

International Regular
Do they? Dart whinged about line calls in the last meeting and seems to have an issue with Boulter. Doesn't seem like Boulter cares one way or the other.

Also, Dart's sister works for a Tory MP....
Katie is just grown up/diplomatic and tries to rise above it.

Brook's side

International Regular
I know who's playing the more grown up tennis at the mo. Error strewn rubbish from Boulter who is clearly the more talented of the pair if she can keep it together....
Real shame for Katie. Handled it with dignity and grace.
Lots of UEs from Katie, but Dart played well. Great tennis match.