• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What will Pat Cummins’ legacy be?

Gob

International Coach
It's not all about Australia though. For some reason, hardly any team seems to perform well there (I think we may need to take our own chef next time!), except strangely India. Anderson does have a winning series there, and in India too. I think the only place he doesn't have a win is bizarrely the W Indies. Cummins on the other hand has neither wins in England or India, something he will almost certainly never get.

Getting outbowled by the second highest wicket taking seamer in Test History is hardly a crime.
People are discussing Clouderson's recent performances in Australia. Goes on to mention 2010/11 and India 2013

Why am I not surprised

Also Cummins should have an Ashes win in England if not for that incompetent hack Joel Wilson

Spark

Global Moderator
It's not all about Australia though. For some reason, hardly any team seems to perform well there (I think we may need to take our own chef next time!), except strangely India. Anderson does have a winning series there, and in India too. I think the only place he doesn't have a win is bizarrely the W Indies. Cummins on the other hand has neither wins in England or India, something he will almost certainly never get.

Getting outbowled by the second highest wicket taking seamer in Test History is hardly a crime.

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
People are discussing Clouderson's recent performances in Australia. Goes on to mention 2010/11 and India 2013

Why am I not surprised

Also Cummins should have an Ashes win in England if not for that incompetent hack Joel Wilson
He could've been Glen McGrath in the last 3 series, England would still have lost.

Thanks for reminding me about Joel Wilson, a reminder that Cummins himself had a key role to play in the losing of a review in 2019. Another black mark on his legacy really.

Gob

International Coach
He could've been Glen McGrath in the last 3 series, England would still have lost.

Thanks for reminding me about Joel Wilson, a reminder that Cummins himself had a key role to play in the losing of a review in 2019. Another black mark on his legacy really.
Its Glenn

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
I think the only cricketing opinion worse than whingeing about over rates is the idea that teams having used their reviews somehow excuses hopeless umpiring.
But it's ok to excuse hopeless reviewing (which we all knew that was before they even went for it).

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
People are having a laugh when they're suggesting that Anderson's record in Australia since 2010/11 is anything but horrible, right? You know, the games in which the team record is played 15, lost 13, and where very few of the games were at all competitive? Is this an argument people are really making?

If Anderson's average in those games is decent that just tells me that bowling averages are kind of meaningless over such sample sizes without heavy caveats.
His record is his record. And not the team's. I don't think anyone is suggesting he's pulled up trees over there in the last decade, but if you're looking for why England have been horrible you don't start with Anderson. & folk are all too happy to use bowling averages against him when it suits (which is infrequently, given his stellar overall record).

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
But it's ok to excuse hopeless reviewing (which we all knew that was before they even went for it).
No, you're entitled to expect both the players and the umpire can do their jobs. Too often an abject umpiring decision is brushed off with "oh well, they used their reviews", as though that excuses the subsequent **** up.

The Stokes lbw off Lyon wasn't even close, it was three reds. A park umpire should get that right.

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
The Leach lbw off Cummins wasn't even close, it was three greens. A park umpire should get that right.
Corrected for you.

As for the Stokes one, there was a lot of movement by him which could've confused (gone across his stumps, played an aggressive sweep, did he get bat/glove on it too?). It was far less obviously out than the previous one was not out.

Cummins and Paine ****ed up, just accept it.

Gob

International Coach
Corrected for you.

As for the Stokes one, there was a lot of movement by him which could've confused (gone across his stumps, played an aggressive sweep, did he get bat/glove on it too?). It was far less obviously out than the previous one was not out.

Cummins and Paine ****ed up, just accept it.
My arse

it was plumb as af and even stevie wonder could have given it out.

Molehill

Cricketer Of The Year
My arse

it was plumb as af and even stevie wonder could have given it out.
Interesting comment from Stokes about that decision...... "I have seen the DRS on my lbw shout, which obviously shows up with three reds, but DRS has got that completely wrong, as it flicked my front pad first and didn’t spin."

Maybe that's what Wilson saw and agreed.

Gob

International Coach
Interesting comment from Stokes about that decision...... "I have seen the DRS on my lbw shout, which obviously shows up with three reds, but DRS has got that completely wrong, as it flicked my front pad first and didn’t spin."

Maybe that's what Wilson saw and agreed.
He doesn't see **** he is blind

And of course ben would say that. Why wouldn't he but the ball was tracking the original impact stokes out cheating.jpg

Burgey

Gob pls. Don’t be so hard on poor Joel Wilson. You never see test players given out sweeping to finger spinners. It just doesn’t happen. Too much movement, it confuses the officials.

TheJediBrah

Why am I not surprised

Was he not playing 2019 too? Would have 2 if not for incompetent umpiring

Edit: oh you meant 2019. Wasn't it Joel who cheated for England in 2023 too deciding the Ashes by giving them a brand new ball manufactured years ago

TheJediBrah

Molehill probably the most deluded pommie diehard I've come across. Makes GIMH look reasonable by comparison