• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What is the most difficult cricket shot to successfully pull off?

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Obviously this one by Rohit too.

Great looking shot but Viv's is better because it's off a slower ball and he takes it from leg stump. It's so difficult to time.

OverratedSanity

On the other hand, is the leg glance the easiest shot to play? There's minimal risk involved apart from a leg side strange.

Brook's side

International Regular
I mean, I could comfortably clip it into square leg's hands. But I don't think that would be because my head would be falling over to point.

Same result admittedly. And you are probably a better batsman than me.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
That Blackfoot lofted drive Mayer's played off Cameron Green last summer looked crazy. Glenn phillips played a very similar shot.

Remember smith once backing away to expose all 3 stumps, charging down the pitch to Trent boult and hitting a ball well outside off over cover.

TheJediBrah

That Blackfoot lofted drive Mayer's played off Cameron Green last summer looked crazy.
Most insane shot I've seen. Too bad it was in a meaningless nothing game of cricket

great example of modern bats too. In 1985 the same hit is caught at cover on the ring

HouHsiaoHsien

International Debutant
There was an interview with Lara some years ago on Sky in the UK where he demonstrated how he could hit the same delivery anywhere from cover through to backward point. Pretty cool to watch.

In more recent times, I find the cover drive for six impressive, working against all sorts of momentum to hit the ball up and over and needs perfect timing and power.
Viv Richards used to hit those so effortlessly