• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What is it about Cricketweb that puts people off taking part?

Athlai

Not Terrible
I do wonder how that popcorn business went.

Didn't andmark come on and say CdM was still wrestling? Wag

Athlai

Not Terrible
I'd love to run the ropes one day. Not do it right, find out its way too difficult and sore. Get slapped in the chest by a proper wrestler and never ever do any of that ever again.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I can't remember the username now, but it was the name of a popular Windies player from the 60s or 70s I think

Something like Greenidge or Sobers

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I find it quite disturbing to think that there could be 9 year old children posting on here (or any other forum).

Ffs.

How did you people fail to pick up that a 9 year old was posting?
Given how a lot of people post in here, it would be remarkably difficult for all but the most astute of observers to decide which of us isn't 9 years old.

the big bambino

International Captain
Are there a few occasions where people are mildly unwelcoming towards newcomers? Sure, but overall the attitude is a net positive because it keeps away abonimable posters before they become established and it gets tougher to drive them away (jimmy leaving was a disappointment tho, he kinda misunderstood some rightful ridicule of another poster's bad posting as needless bullying). The size of CW's regular poster base is kind of perfect for what it is imo, most posters know each other so it doesn't usually feel like you're talking to an anonymous rando you'll never run into again.

The activity level from even the existing userbase has dropped for sure though, and the fact that some countries (non-India subcontinent nations, WI) barely seem to be represented here is a more valid issue with this place.
That wasn't the reason. And the abominable posting you previously refer to was already established by existing posters.