• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Twenty20 Tests

slugger

State Vice-Captain
a comedian or two always pops up in these types of threads ^^^^... change happens in small increment's .. 20/20 should have been reduced to 25/25 .. but it probably came down to marketing in the end .. if the crowds continue to drop off in the 50 over version .. over time you will see less and less of that version... a 2 inn version of the (ODI or the 20/20) game is something that should be considered. but its not going to be tried unless there are some real encourage signs from the market (us)...the question is how do you guage this change.. probably the same way the ecb went to the crowd and understood that there just wasnt enough time in the day to watch a game for 8 hours... thus the game was remodeled to compete with other sports and people time crisis..

so the question is if you have gone to the exttreme 20/20 (3 hours) can you now increse when the markets have asked for less and got less... a 20/20 x2 is going to increse to a 6 hour lenght match ..i think they should make games to match one another that way everything looks like a progess not a hodge podge of formats.. I would have 20/20 1 inn each. 40/40 2 inn each of 20 overs.. then 4 day cricket 2 inn each (i believe the introduction of tech would contribute to many games finishing inside 4 days). anyhow..

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Pretty true, should send them an email to be honest, doubt that they would actually get to read it though as they do run on a fairly tight shedule. Even if they did read it though they would probably forget about the whole thing and it would have been just a waste of time.
:laugh:

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think that it would be an excellent idea to have a test twenty20 game where each side is given 2 innings each which consist of only 20 overs, now that would be awsome, just like a One Day International but broken up into two different parts. Thoughts on this idea of mine?
Sounds pretty good to me. Best post you ever made, Nathan.