• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The FINAL- South Africa vs India (D), Kensington Oval, Barbados-- June 29th

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just because odds are a little skewed doesn't mean one should gamble on a team when the matchup is tight like that.

Suppose odds are India 2/3 and Aus 3/2 i.e. more value for money on Aus. Still it's a proper gamble proper risk to place money on either team as your own chances are close to 50%.

So technically you can't make millions like that.
We have this in a thread mocking athletes for lack of intelligence

Silver Silva

International Regular
Just because odds are a little skewed doesn't mean one should gamble on a team when the matchup is tight like that.

Suppose odds are India 2/3 and Aus 3/2 i.e. more value for money on Aus. Still it's a proper gamble proper risk to place money on either team as your own chances are close to 50%.

So technically you can't make millions like that.
Have you watched Squid Game ?

Trying to beat the bookies is like trying to cross the glass bridge as one of the first contestants.
These people hire the best to come up with odds then they add in their vig into the odds to ensure house wins in long term always.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
A lot of Indian fans including myself didn't want Rohit and Kohli in the T20 team
I always wanted Rohit in T20 team ftr. (that's why he was not in options for poll on disappointments from India team in the RR thread). For one, his attacking game is solid even if form blips occasionally. Two, he is a good leader at the end of the day. Couldn't expect anyone else to take his place for this world cup.

HouHsiaoHsien

International Debutant
A lot of Indian fans including myself didn't want Rohit and Kohli in the T20 team, and up until the Australia game the fans were right. Plus Rohit and Kohli had been in terrible form this wc. But then Rohit happened to pull out two of his best T20 knocks ever.

Without Rohit's change in form, India loses to Australia and possibly England too, both of whom were the strongest T20 sides coming into the wc. This is how fickle T20 cricket is. One player can turn everything around. Or can be the main reason for your team's downfall.
Rohit also played a very good knock vs Ireland on a horrific NY pitch

HouHsiaoHsien

International Debutant
This final is personally a bit hard, cause SA’s my second favourite team and I really do want them to win some tournament. If it was against anyone, except SA or Afg, i would have wholeheartedly hoped for a sound thrashing(still surprising India tho).

Arachnodouche

International Captain
I assumed at least the final would be a night game and made plans till afternoon. This railroading is pathetic and it's all that little rat Jay Shah's fault (probably not but he's so easy to despise). Go South Africa.