• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The ATG Teams General arguing/discussing thread

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
The thread comparing the three Indian quicks made me wonder how many ATG quicks each nation has had.

WI: Marshall, Ambrose, Garner, Roberts, Holding, Hall, Walsh

Aus: McGrath, Lillee, Cummins, Lindwall, Davidson

Eng: Trueman

Pak: Imran, Wasim, Waqar

NZ: Hadlee

SA: Steyn, Donald, Pollock, Procter

Ind: Kapil

I haven’t included earlier era guys but obviously there’s Barnes, Spofforth, Turner and Richardson to consider, but they’re also harder to compare/judge.

My criteria for “ATG” is basically that any of these guys could contend for a place in any nation’s all time XI (including the strongest ones) without it seeming ridiculous. Hence guys like Anderson don’t quite make it. Bumrah and Rabada are probably close.

Thoughts?

Gob

International Coach
The thread comparing the three Indian quicks made me wonder how many ATG quicks each nation has had.

I haven’t included earlier era guys but obviously there’s Barnes, Spofforth, Turner and Richardson to consider, but they’re also harder to compare/judge.

My criteria for “ATG” is basically that any of these guys could contend for a place in any nation’s all time XI (including the strongest ones) without it seeming ridiculous. Hence guys like Anderson don’t quite make it. Bumrah and Rabada are probably close.

Thoughts?
Keith Miller?

Also would give Cummins another year

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

Thoughts?

PFK having a boner aws.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
My criteria for “ATG” is basically that any of these guys could contend for a place in any nation’s all time XI (including the strongest ones) without it seeming ridiculous. Hence guys like Anderson don’t quite make it.
Surely Anderson makes England's all time xi?

ImpatientLime

International Regular
Anderson makes the weaker ones but none of the elites. makes India, New Zealand, Sri Lanka, Zimbabwe and Bangladesh. Maybe England but couldn't feel hard done by if he is left out in favour of any of Trueman, Barnes, Bedser, Statham, Willis or Snow.