• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The ATG Teams General arguing/discussing thread

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
This is some of the direst selective quoting ever. I literally addressed this right before the part you quoted.
Haha, I thought you meant Bangladesh when you said Ban. No wonder I didn't understand what you could mean by 'even Bangaldesh aside' :D

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Sorry it was Coronis not you. But my point still stands. In a stronger attack , it is very difficult to pick 5 wkt hauls and 10 wkt hauls consistently.
A clear admission that you're attacking a poster based on their nationality rather than actually trying to debate.

kyear2

International Coach
So if and when Steve Smith pushes his way into the ATG XI. Who of Viv or Sachin does he replace?

Note I only state these 2 because they are the most chosen middle order batsmen (Coronis aside) for the XI on the forum.

ataraxia

International Coach
Viv. And replace Tendulkar with Headley. </sarcasm> But seriously, Hammond, Headley, Pollock, and Kallis are IMO all better batsmen than Viv. I include Viv as a smasher at 6 in my second XI.

kyear2

International Coach
Viv. And replace Tendulkar with Headley. </sarcasm> But seriously, Hammond, Headley, Pollock, and Kallis are IMO all better batsmen than Viv. I include Viv as a smasher at 6 in my second XI.
I would acknowledge that they are batsmen who one could argue are better than Viv, I just don't think the ones you mentioned are among them. Though many would argue for Hammond.

sunilz

International Regular
A clear admission that you're attacking a poster based on their nationality rather than actually trying to debate.
So says a guy who has made his religious duty to comment on every thread mentioning Ashwin and Jadeja.
Are you a mod of this forum ? Stop behaving as one.
I am bringing this to attention of CW mods that this guy has long history of commenting on my posting style . I believe this constitutes harassment of poster . I request you to issue him instruction to stop this behaviour . If he comments on my posting style next time , I will go personal with him next time . He has problem with most of the Indian posters on this forum .

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If you've been on CW for long enough you can post whatever drivel you want with no fear of being called out. You need atleast 7 more years before you get to that status sunilz.

Chrish

International Debutant
I put Headley and Pollock into “unproven” category and refuse to rate them (along with Barry Richards).

Kallis and Hammond weren’t better batsman than Viv. I am fairly convinced that Hutton and Hobbs both were better batsmen than Hammond.

As for Sachin vs Viv, it’s like choosing a favorite son. I grew up watching Sachin so I am inherently biased in his case. Viv on the other hand never wore helmet; and was probably the only batsman who intimidated bowers; instead of other way around.

I really can’t pick!

ataraxia

International Coach
I put Headley and Pollock into “unproven” category and refuse to rate them (along with Barry Richards).

Kallis and Hammond weren’t better batsman than Viv. I am fairly convinced that Hutton and Hobbs both were better batsmen than Hammond.

As for Sachin vs Viv, it’s like choosing a favorite son. I grew up watching Sachin so I am inherently biased in his case. Viv on the other hand never wore helmet; and was probably the only batsman who intimidated bowers; instead of other way around.

I really can’t pick!
Hobbs and Hutton are the 2nd and 3rd greatest batsmen of all time IMO. Following them are Grace and Sobers.