• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The ATG Teams General arguing/discussing thread

watson

Banned
Headley is way too low down watson
Prolific batsman against weak English attacks with no Larwood, and average against Australian attacks with no O'Reilly.

Both Hammond and Sangakkara are more proven No3s which makes them just that little bit better IMO.

Last edited:

bagapath

International Captain
Chain Restaraunt XI

Hungry Jack Hobbs
Subwaymin Badrinath
Ian Taco Bell
Basil D'Olivegarden
Tony Greggs*
Craig White Castle
Ben Dunkin Donuts+
Ted McDonalds
Bob Applebees
Reon Burger King
Laxman Sivaramakrishnandos
That no 11 is inedible

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Watson, I think McGrath is too low being in your fourth XI. All opinion of course, but I'd probably have him in my first XI, second at a pinch.

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
Chain Restaraunt XI

Hungry Jack Hobbs
Subwaymin Badrinath
Ian Taco Bell
Basil D'Olivegarden
Tony Greggs*
Craig White Castle
Ben Dunkin Donuts+
Ted McDonalds
Bob Applebees
Reon Burger King
Arby Simpson, KFC Barrington and Neil Harvesters are also possibilities.

watson

Banned
Watson, I think McGrath is too low being in your fourth XI. All opinion of course, but I'd probably have him in my first XI, second at a pinch.
McGrath deserves to be higher but Marshall, Lillee, Barnes, Akram, Imran, Hadlee and Wasim were all more skillful bowlers imo. Having said that McGrath could take either Lillee's or Hadlee's spot and the team would lose very little in the way of bowling strength as all three were perfect 'corridor bowlers'.

As far as The Third XI is concerned I couldn't bring myself to break up the Lindwall/Miller, O'Reilly/Grimmett/Oldfield combo's because they were awesome together. Botham the alłrounder is needed to shore up the tail's batting.

Last edited:

vcs

Chain Restaraunt XI

Hungry Jack Hobbs
Subwaymin Badrinath
Ian Taco Bell
Basil D'Olivegarden
Tony Greggs*
Craig White Castle
Ben Dunkin Donuts+
Ted McDonalds
Bob Applebees
Reon Burger King
Saravana Bhavan-eshwar Kumar :ph34r:

Sorry, I thought long and hard and this is the best I could do with an Indian chain

Coronis

International Coach
Prolific batsman against weak English attacks with no Larwood, and average against Australian attacks with no O'Reilly.

Both Hammond and Sangakkara are more proven No3s which makes them just that little bit better IMO.
Never heard of Grimmett or Ironmonger?

Burgey

Burgey's call. Burgey?
Would replace Chappell, Pollock before Border tbh. Averaged 50 plus away from home in a ****ing hard era. Chappell picked and chose his tours and Pollock through no fault of his own played 20 odd tests compared to TOTAB's 156 (153 of them in a row).

kyear2

International Coach
Hey Watson. Interesting idea choosing a team that could compete contemporarily.

A bit Rusty, but would give it a shot.

Len Hutton
Barry Richards
Don Bradman
Viv Richards
Sachin Tendulkar
Garry Sobers
Adam Gilchrist
Wasim Akram
Malcolm Marshall
Shane Warne
Glenn McGrath

Wally Hammond

Can't see Pollock replacing Tendulkar. And it has nothing to do with number of Tests. For multiple reasons just don't think he was in Tendulkar, Richards or even Lara league.

Barnes is a toss up, but I do believe that he would be successful, even if we are not 100% sure how he bowled.

watson

Banned
Hey Watson. Interesting idea choosing a team that could compete contemporarily.

A bit Rusty, but would give it a shot.

Len Hutton
Barry Richards
Don Bradman
Viv Richards
Sachin Tendulkar
Garry Sobers
Adam Gilchrist
Wasim Akram
Malcolm Marshall
Shane Warne
Glenn McGrath

Wally Hammond

Can't see Pollock replacing Tendulkar. And it has nothing to do with number of Tests. For multiple reasons just don't think he was in Tendulkar, Richards or even Lara league.

Barnes is a toss up, but I do believe that he would be successful, even if we are not 100% sure how he bowled.
Nice to see you again kyear.

Can't really argue too much with that team apart from the usual cliched 'Barry hasn't played enough real tests' and 'Warne v Murali' arguments.

kyear2

International Coach
Well, was filling your mandate of being a contempory team. And Barry was magnificent every chance he got.

Hope you are well Watson.

Coronis

International Coach
Well, was filling your mandate of being a contempory team. And Barry was magnificent every chance he got.

Hope you are well Watson.
Was Pollock not just as magnificent in his test opportunities? Just curious as what makes you think he was not in the same class as the other middle order batsmen.

Coronis

International Coach
Sobers just sounds insane. I mean, I can't think of any cricketer recently who's had such success bowling multiple styles.