• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Superleague XI Discussion thread

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
BoyBrumby said:
Ah, better! No easy games in Super League. The boys did great. Over the moon. Taking it one game at a time. :D
Brumby, please put the cliche generator back in Mourinho's closet. Thank you.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Super League Good Friday Round (on November 9th :S)

As usual, the crowds flocked to the traditional holiday derbies (in November :ph34r: ) between Bradford and Leeds and Saints and Wigan.

In the airport derby, Leeds got out of the traps quick enough when Ali Lauititi scored after 90 seconds. Danny Ward, Matt Diskin, Rob Burrow and Marcus Bai added 4 pointers as Leeds built up a 26-0 lead in a performance that defied Leeds' lowly position and poor start to the season. Lesley Vainikolo's try on the stroke of half time was Bradford's only consolation in the first 40 minutes and Ian Henderson scored the only points of the second half, as Leeds hung on to record their second win of the season.

In the real derby, Wigan got off to a similar start to Leeds in the other game, Martin Aspinwall opening the scoring within 2 minutes. However, Ade Gardner's second hat trick in two games and Willie Talau's try ensured the Saints a win at the JJPie Stadium.

Hull were held to a draw in the capital. Both sides only scored to tries, but Thomas Leuluai's and Danny Brough's boots recorded 10 points each amidst the stand off.

Lowly Salford City Reds came from 12-0 down at half time and scored 20 points in the last 17 minutes to record a shock victory over Warrington Wolves and their first win of the season.

Huddersfield ran in 9 tries as they destroyed Wakefield Wildcats 44-8. Jim Gannon, Paul Jackson and Chris Thorman grabbing 2 each as the in form Giants solidified their top 6 place.

Attachments

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Samuel_Vimes said:
Brumby, please put the cliche generator back in Mourinho's closet. Thank you.
Ah, it's a game of two halves at the end of the day. The lads gave 110%. No "i" in team. :p

sorry. :D

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Challenge Cup 4th Round Draw

Code:
London Broncos			vs.	Wigan Warriors
Whitehaven			vs.	Toulouse
Hull FC				vs.	Widnes Vikings
Bradford Bulls			vs.	Workington
CW Crusaders			vs.	Castleford Tigers
Sheffield Eagles		vs.	SM Pia
Halifax Blue Sox		vs.	Locomotiv Moscow
Warrington Wolves		vs.	Villeneuve Leopards
Oldham Roughyeds		vs.	Leeds Rhinos
Union Treiziste Catalans	vs.	Huddersfield Giants
Leigh Centurions		vs.	Featherstone Rovers
Wakefield Wildcats		vs.	York City Knights
Barrow				vs.	Swinton
Kazan Arrows			vs.	Hull KR
St Helens			vs.	Rochdale Hornets
Doncaster			vs.	Salford City Reds
Just 2 all Superleague clashes spells doom for the cup runs of many teams yet gives budding giant killers a chance to prove themselves. Oldham's home tie against Leeds may suffice to generate some much needed income for the club. Locomotiv Moscow will hope they stand a chance of progressing to the 5th round when they face Halifax, whilst Villeneuve of France facing Warrington Wolves will be an intriguing prospect. Huddersfield Giants get a nice trip to the sunny south of France to take on UTC, whilst Hull KR are rewarded for their progress with a trip to not quite so sunny Russia. The Crusaders get drawn against possibly the hardest team outside of the Superleague, so they'll have to keep ton their toes.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Great win last game boys, though I can`t seem to get any ball, and when I do, I drop it. :D :D
We`re defying the critics so far, keep it up, love reading the match reports Sean.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Code:
       CW Crusaders                    London Broncos
        1  Nick Borcich                 1  Paul Sykes
        2  Nath Patrick                 2  Nick Bradley-Qalilawa
        3  Tharmi Longanathan           3  Jon Wells
        4  Jamee Gray                   4  Tyrone Smith
        5  Andrew Cameron               5  Jon Kirkpatrick
        6  Sean Fuller                  6  Mark McLinden (C)
        7  Jack McNamara (C)            7  Thomas Leuluai
        8  Sean Bennett                 8  Mark Tookey
        9  Sriram Gurunathan            9  David Highton
        10  Rich Langley                10  Anthony Armour
        11  Rob Malone                  11  Solomon Haumono
        12  Thamba Mamesh               12  Lee Hopkins
        13  David Kennett               13  Joe Mbu
   ++Interchange
        14  Neil Pickup                 14  Luke Dorn
        15  Håkon Mørk                  15  Zebastian Lucky Luisi
        16  Alex Crampton               16  Filimone Lolohea
        17  Dale Brumby                 17  Francis Stephenson
The build up to this game was dominated by the mysterious disappearance of the Crusaders coach, Brendan Feardorcha, and the team selected by his assistant, Jay Meagre. Meagre's decision to drop captain Dale Brumby, apparently because of Brumby turning up on the day of the match rather worse for wear, and recall to the starting XIII Patrick, Gray, McNamara and Kennett, plus injury prone and formless Håkon Mørk to the bench caused a couple of surprised faces amongst the media. Why shake up a winning team? Let's see...

Attachments

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Interesting team selection... but it worked! Great game, Jamee`s kicking was superb. One day I`ll contribute...

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
I reckon whoever selected the team should get a medal and some sort of cash reward.

Well done the team.

And well done me :p

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Man every part of my body hurts, why did i keep running at the Tongan Terror. I guess its was worth it, we won the match.