• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Superleague XI Discussion thread

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Unlucky there boys, but were showing the rest of the comp that we are going to be competitve.

BTW since we moved officially to Isle of Man, what your home ground called. I know its not important, but i like to know these things. :D

steds

Hall of Fame Member
chaminda_00 said:
BTW since we moved officially to Isle of Man, what your home ground called. I know its not important, but i like to know these things. :D
We are currently playing at Laxey AFC until our new 29,000 seat stadium is complete. The club has been intensely secretive about the plans and name of the new stadium, but there is a rumour going around that the stands may rotate around the pitch...

Agent TBY

International Captain
steds said:
We are currently playing at Laxey AFC until our new 29,000 seat stadium is complete. The club has been intensely secretive about the plans and name of the new stadium, but there is a rumour going around that the stands may rotate around the pitch...
While refusing to confirm or deny the rumours of rotating stands, Crusaders' hooker Sriram said that the new stadium, new arena, would be the most advanced, state-of-the-art arena in the world, not just today, but for many, many years to come.

He also said he was proud to play for a team which would, very soon, employ its own research laboratory.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
When I play well, the team plays well :p Sorry `bout the inactivity.

First game was awesome, I couldn`t have made anymore line breaks, though that knock-on at the end was frustrating. And sorry for not backing up for the second game, I did nothing. And only two points! Good close encounter, Sean really is an accurate kicker.

Buddhmaster

International Captain
Great game first up guys, sorry I underperformed.

Close one there, but still, great effort particulary from Thambaz

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
AgentTBY said:
He also said he was proud to play for a team which would, very soon, employ its own research laboratory.
Why would be proud of a laboratory established to help us research the best ways to cheat? :p

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
A REQUEST
Can we have an injuries thread, just to make things a little bit easier in regards to selection.

Even if the format is just announcing when a player is out, and when he's back. And it's like where we can announce who we're using the physiotherapist on?

steds

Hall of Fame Member
AN ANNOUNCEMENT

We're getting ****ed off with the sim and it being sorry injury happy, so we're scrapping them. You have no injuries as of now, and we'll start using Neil Pickup's injury simulator © soon.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Super League Round 3. Crusaders vs. Salford City Reds

Code:
       [B]CW Crusaders                    Salford City Reds[/B]
        1  Nick Borcich                 1  Karl Fitzpatrick
        2  Andrew Cameron               2  David Hodgson
        3  Tharmi Longanathan           3  Junior Langi
        4  Rich Hingston                4  Nathan McAvoy
        5  Neil Pickup                  5  Anthony Stewart
        6  Sean Fuller                  6  Cliff Beverly
        7  Alex Crampton                7  Luke Robinson
        8  Sean Bennett                 8  Andy Coley
        9  Sriram Gurunathan            9  Malcolm Alker (C)
        10  Rich Langley                10  Sean Rutgerson
        11  Rob Malone                  11  Ian Sibbit
        12  Thamba Mamesh               12  Andrew Brocklehurst
        13  Dale Brumby (C)             13  Chris Charles
   ++Interchange
        14  Jack McNamara               14  Tim Jonkers
        15  Jamee Gray                  15  Gareth Haggerty
        16  Nath Patrick                16  Simon Baldwin
        17  David Kennett               17  Paul Highton
Next to come to the Isle of Man to face the Crusaders are Salford City Reds. The Crusaders welcome back Jamee Gray and David Kennett from injury. Crusaders' coach, Brendan Feardorcha, and his team will have been fully aware that they would have to attend to threats of Malcolm Alker and, to a lesser extent, ball hogging Wigan reject Luke Robinson. However, if they could contain those two, there's a good chance of winning, as the rest of the team lacks a certain quality....

Attachments