• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stumped!

JOJOXI

International Captain
Interesting battle between @Jarquis teams Ashgrove Astronauts and Plymouth Pirates for 6th. With Ashgrove still to face Winton CC and a points deficit to Plymouth Pirates would say Plymouth Pirates have the upper hand but you never know. Been happy with our consistency but we did lose at home to Plymouth Pirates early in the season so Ashgrove Astronauts will be hoping to level out the advantage Plymouth Pirates got from inflciting 1 of the 2 defeats so far on Winton CC.

As @Charlie B has been away from the game for a while - hopefully nothing serious and just real life getting in the way a bit - a new playoff setup is needed unless @Charlie B comes back onto Stumped between now and end of league phase then presuming The Wild Geese get 8th and Jura CC 11th (the latter far from a done deal) then we could have the following set up.

7th and 9th straight into plate semi-finals

7th v winner of 12th v 13th
9th v winner of 10th v 14th

This would ensure the format stays the same but also means you could have a side that didn't finish in top 12 win the Plate

The other alternative which is maybe more equitable(?) but more of a significant shift away from prior format is 7th v 12th and 9th v 10th in the semi-finals straight away and then a final immediately after that.

Note these proposals would only be the case if @Charlie B still hasn't logged into Stumped by end of league phase (last login at time of writing is 03 July)

Thoughts on which potential tweak to setup for plate playoffs?

@andruid @Krypto @JOJOXI @cnerd123 @ataraxia @Charlie B @Jarquis @StephenZA @SillyCowCorner1

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The Wild Geese get 8th and Jura CC 11th (the latter far from a done deal) then we could have the following set up.

This would ensure the format stays the same but also means you could have a side that didn't finish in top 12 win the Plate

Thoughts on which potential tweak to setup for plate playoffs?
I think this is the most sensible... even, if not the most equitable (up for debate). Keeps things sensible. Still gives everyone a chance that deserves it a shot for the plate etc.

I do think with so many teams now we need to also consider how we structure the next format?! Is it T20 or LO? Not a complaint just an observation but it does feel like this season dragged on a bit...

JOJOXI

International Captain
I think this is the most sensible... even, if not the most equitable (up for debate). Keeps things sensible. Still gives everyone a chance that deserves it a shot for the plate etc.

I do think with so many teams now we need to also consider how we structure the next format?! Is it T20 or LO? Not a complaint just an observation but it does feel like this season dragged on a bit...
I will give this 24 hours but if no one else has an opinion either way in that time will go with this set up

JOJOXI

International Captain
I will give this 24 hours but if no one else has an opinion either way in that time will go with this set up
Noted, will go with this set up then

assuming Jura CC gets 8th and The Wild Geese get 11th, specific placings may differ otherwise but next 6 active sides outside top 6 will feature in playoffs.

StephenZA

So I`ve noticed a trend I don't quite understand... can someone explain why the dry unworn fast pitches, give lower scores than the high moisture unworn fast pitches? I don't change anything between my batting orders (the stumped engine tends to adjust enough by itself). But I`m finding that consistently on pitches that I think should be easier batting conditions I tend to score much lower.

And second question, think it has been asked before, but does the wear on pitches change between innings (even if not shown)?

StephenZA

Aqeel has just scored his first senior and first TMO hundred... great end of the season. Has ended up being a fantastic buy in the end... almost bankrupt TMOs, but done everything I could ask of him this season, helped win some important games, even when struggling with his touch.

ataraxia

International Coach
And second question, think it has been asked before, but does the wear on pitches change between innings (even if not shown)?
I might be making this up, but I think it worsens by an amount specially crafted to even out the advantage of knowing the target to chase.

cnerd123

likes this
So I`ve noticed a trend I don't quite understand... can someone explain why the dry unworn fast pitches, give lower scores than the high moisture unworn fast pitches? I don't change anything between my batting orders (the stumped engine tends to adjust enough by itself). But I`m finding that consistently on pitches that I think should be easier batting conditions I tend to score much lower.
I think it's because on high moisture pitches it gets easier to bat as the innings wears on, while on dry ones it gets harder.

ataraxia

International Coach
@andruid you need to get rid of Rudrani asap; he's draining you $65K a week. See if he gets a bite on the TM first, but you need to get rid of him before the next finance update. If you can't pay the $131K to fire him, I can buy him for my affiliate and fire him there.