• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Stuart Broad retires

kevinw

State Vice-Captain
It's funny how every time there seemed to be an issue with Pietersen he was totally innocent and everyone else was in the wrong.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Has another bowler taken two international hat tricks?

The dismissal of Harbhajan, when he smashed the middle off it (and was given lbw but India refused to use DRS) was very good. England won a test they were way behind in.
Hugh Trumble, Jimmy Matthews and Wasim Akram all took two Test hat tricks as well as Broad.

When you include ODIs Wasim Akram has the most with 4, two in each format.

If you include T20I Malinga pips that with five, three in ODIs and two in T20I.

Xuhaib

International Coach
A well deserved retirement for a very good cricketer.

If one has to describe English cricket over the last 15 years with one cricketer Broad would be the perfect example. “An exciting cricketer who would be box office entertainment when they would get on a roll but then would have fairly long periods of mediocrity and out of nowhere would get good again“

Chin Music

State 12th Man
I only found out looking at the scorecard on cricinfo leaving the Oval yesterday. I think it is the right call. He would not be a good pick for India away and he probably feels this series is it. A valedictory five fer?

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
what is truly pathetic is all that influence of broad sr being wasted on a mediocre cricketer itbt
You really do set a low bar with your posts Shri, but this......this is just the absolute worst of you.

Aidan11

International Vice-Captain
Broad doesn't have the same scriptwriter Botham had. Otherwise he'd have had a couple of wickets by now.