• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

South Africa team selection

SeamUp

International Coach
It's also easier bringing Rickelton in as a direct replacement for for De Kock because he can open, which Verreynne doesn't do.
Yeah, I agree. It seemed a formality for me until the Bedingham possibility came up.

They got Verreynne in the squad obviously thinking TdZ , Bavuma & Reeza were top order with no Klaasen.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Can any sa fan tell me who upcoming biggest sa batting star?
Stubbs and brevis are highly rated. Breetzke is younger and looks decent. Rickleton is a bit older, but has phenomenal domestic numbers and looks like he's started to figure out international cricket. Dian Forrester is the most exciting cricketer in SA ATM IMO. Makes middle order runs across formats at a fast clip and also bowls PACE.

SeamUp

International Coach
I just find this a little disingenuous in comparison. Andile has played 80 ODIs, Mulder has played 18. Yes Mulder has played more Tests but he has hardly been given consecutive run in matches until recently. I have been talking about that since forever.
Fair. I guess I feel I've seen enough & thought I saw enough of Phehlukwayo a long long long time ago.

The green light I suppose is Mulder's 50s in the Windies and v Afghanistan. I still don't think either give us a banker and if not that then at least be a mercurial match winner on your day.

govinda indian fan

U19 Cricketer
Stubbs and brevis are highly rated. Breetzke is younger and looks decent. Rickleton is a bit older, but has phenomenal domestic numbers and looks like he's started to figure out international cricket. Dian Forrester is the most exciting cricketer in SA ATM IMO. Makes middle order runs across formats at a fast clip and also bowls PACE.
Thanks buddy🙂 hope sa once again become powerhouse they used to be between 2006-15

SeamUp

International Coach
That's massive. Big pity he wasn't signed in SA20. I guess he has a platform now in Division One.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Fair. I guess I feel I've seen enough & thought I saw enough of Phehlukwayo a long long long time ago.

The green light I suppose is Mulder's 50s in the Windies and v Afghanistan. I still don't think either give us a banker and if not that then at least be a mercurial match winner on your day.
And your point is vindicated!

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
I just find this a little disingenuous in comparison. Andile has played 80 ODIs, Mulder has played 18. Yes Mulder has played more Tests but he has hardly been given consecutive run in matches until recently. I have been talking about that since forever.
Boet in the chances he has been given he's not been good enough for a batting all rounder , it took him 7 years to score his first international 50 , maybe he's just another Albie Morkel at international level

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
The drop in quality is tremendous. This time last year, Klaasen comes in after Rickleton, South Africa is getting 400 and Hoey is going for 100+. They are scrapping for 250 and that probably isn’t even defendable on this surface and with their attack.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Boet in the chances he has been given he's not been good enough for a batting all rounder , it took him 7 years to score his first international 50 , maybe he's just another Albie Morkel at international level
South Africa could do with an Albie Morkel now. He won games for South Africa. A Ryan McLaren would do as well.

StephenZA

The fact that people want to compare him to an Albie Morkel says everything about how he has been treated as a player... And please don't call me boet in that supercilious fashion.

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
The fact that people want to compare him to an Albie Morkel says everything about how he has been treated as a player... And please don't call me boet in that supercilious fashion.
Albie Morkel played one test. His 1 score in that test match is higher than any score Mulder has managed in international cricket. Maybe first let him get past 58 before saying he deserves a run of games.

StephenZA

Albie Morkel played one test. His 1 score in that test match is higher than any score Mulder has managed in international cricket. Maybe first let him get past 58 before saying he deserves a run of games.
Fair enough. But then don't pick Mulder at 19, keep him in the squad but never play him except in ad hock matches, mostly when the team is struggling. Let him fill his boots at FC level until he develops properly.

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
Fair enough. But then don't pick Mulder at 19, keep him in the squad but never play him except in ad hock matches, mostly when the team is struggling. Let him fill his boots at FC level until he develops properly.
He's played plenty of domestic cricket and county cricket , he has no more excuses , it's time to deliver or step out just like everyone has to do.