• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shootout in Lahore

Xuhaib

International Coach
Hospital doctor confirming that none of the players were shot

Still very sketchy hope its true.

bagapath

International Captain
India taking mumbai revenge:@
cant someone throw this piece of crap out of this room?

so sad to hear the news. my heart goes out to the families of the cops who died. their children, parents and partners are never going to get over it. i am so sad for them. and i hope the cricketers recover fast and dont suffer long term damages.

biased indian

International Coach
Thankfully it seems that no cricketer have suffered any serious injury ...but my prayer goes to the families of 8 or so people who have lost their lives ..and hope the 12 who are supposed to have done this has been killed or taken into custody

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I apologize to everyone I debated in the past regarding playing in Pakistan. I was obviously wrong. Pakistan is not a safe place to play cricket and we don't deserve to ever host another game. I hope to God that the SL players are ok. I pray for the families of the fallen police officers. At least they may get some comfort in knowing they died defending the honor of their nation. I have no proper words to express the depth of my sorrow and anger at this incident.
Feel for you mate

The decent people in your country far outweigh the evil so good times will come again

Hopefully, If there is one good thing to come out of this, this incident will mark the occasion where the authorities in Pakistan get off their backsides and attempt to eradicate this menace

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
That is great news!

However, I'm still concerned about Thilan Samaraweera. I heard that he was shot in the chest? Is this true? I seriously hope he's okay and it's not as serious.
From what I have heard in the news, it seems that Samarweera had been hit in leg. Just heard in Geo News, they have confirmed that Samarweera's injury has been treated and it is not anything major.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Thankfully it seems that no cricketer have suffered any serious injury ...but my prayer goes to the families of 8 or so people who have lost their lives ..and hope the 12 who are supposed to have done this has been killed or taken into custody
Even minor injuries can hurt their careers lets hope none of the injuries are life threatening or even career threatining.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Hats off to the Pakistani security guards. The fact that so many of them lost their lives and the players are relatively safe speaks volumes for them.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hopefully, If there is one good thing to come out of this, this incident will mark the occasion where the authorities in Pakistan get off their backsides and attempt to eradicate this menace
Unfortunately there have been far far worse incidences there in the past and the problem still hasn't gone away. Looking bleak for the next decade or so in reality.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Tradgic. Just tradgic.

Terrible day for cricket, very sad. Hope all the players and Bayliss are alright, some big names injured!

Langeveldt

Soutie
Bad day, was nearing the end of the 12 hour drive from the Wanderers in a depressed state and this kind of put things into perspective.. Bleak day

Nishan

U19 Cricketer
i feel shatterd, but at the same time thankful players will be alive at the end of this thanks to the security who sacrificed themselves.