• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

SA20 2025

SeamUp

International Coach
Think players who lost contracts will get back?

Tony de Zorzi
Sarel Erwee
Reeza Hendricks
Temba Bavuma
Grant Roelofsen
Wihan Lubbe
Jacques Snyman
Ronan Herrman
Shane Dadswell

Evan Jones
Corbin Bosch
Ferisco Adams
Duan Jansen

Kyle Simmonds
Aaron Phangiso

Beuran Hendricks
Nealan van Heerden
Sisanda Magala
Matthew Boast
Aya Gqamane
Hardus Viljoen

SeamUp

International Coach
Need to weigh them up against players who didn't have contracts and looking back at CSA T20 a few months ago. Not many bowlers really besides the young one's which will be up for rookie picks or signing those above.

Rubin Hermann
Rivaldo Moonsamy
Raynard van Tonder
Andile Mogakane
Eddie Moore (no chance he will be signed)
Jiveshan Pillay
Khaya Zondo (no chance he will be signed)
Clyde Fortuin (no chance he will be signed)
Marques Ackerman
Jono Bird
Neil Brand
Sine Qeshile

Siya Simetu (spinner)

Okuhle Cele (seamer)

Rookie picks should be fun.
Brevis (03), L Pretorius (06), Stolk (06), Simelane (03), Seleka (02), Maphaka (06) all remain on normal contract despite being rookie aged eligible. Ronan Herrman (03) & Matthew Boast (03) lost their contracts and can't be re-signed as rookies although I think the latter wasn't on a rookie contract anyway.

Main rookie picks for me

1. Meeka-eel Prince (wk)
2. JP King
3. Dewan Marais
4. Leo Sadler
5. Tristan Luus
6. Ntando Soni
7. Esosa Aihevba

The 3 batsman are obvious picks as most advanced. Marais is one of the best young fielders I've seen.

Sadler, Luus, Soni and Aihevba all part of the CSA bowling camp working with bowlers with 140kph+ potential. Sadler is a genuine all-rounder too. Luus picked for SA A and Soni and Aihebva are still in school.

I quite like Ross Boast (made SA Colts last year & going to Maties but has't played any serious cricket since Jan so no idea what has happened). He looks the type of AR that can spark a game with bat or ball. Nothing safe in his play but has the correctness in his technique too. After smashing the ball around, can come in and bowl with the new nut. Pace and bounce.

Last edited:

SeamUp

International Coach
There is going to be an SA Schools 20 as well. New addition.

Player Registrations for the auction closes Friday.

Fixtures for SA20 3

20240902_141541.jpg