• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Road to the 2015 Ashes in England

Stapel

International Regular
So, now I've got tickets for Trent Bridge (day 4) and Edgbaston (day 4).

Regards, Stapel, proud sponsor of the British economy.

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
Starting to grow in confidence for the Ashes. England regaining some kind of home form, Australia still having only won test matches in two different countries for three years, and not having won a series in England since 2001. Think the series could be determined by a few important players.

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
Could you tell me where is England's national stadium?
Australia's national stadium is Melbourne Cricket Ground, right?

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Not if he takes 2 wickets in the WI series and Fawad takes 15.
Nah unless Lyon looks entirely toothless and Fawad looks like a Warne-Murali hybrid, I'm taking Lyon in the Ashes irrespective of wickets taken in the WI.

No reason to chop and change on the basis of one series unless Lyon is super-inept and Fawad is uber-brilliant; short-termist form junkie selection sucks.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
I gave up on Willow when I had to cancel my CC to stop my sub years ago. There are streams around to watch.

Octavius

Cricket Spectator
I had heard that it was difficult to unsubscribe from willow but I didn't have any problem.

If you know of any streams can you please pm me.

Cheers

Tangles

I cancelled and they still kept charging my CC. Ignored emails and the phone number on record with their bank was out of service. Scum.

The Battlers Prince

Nah unless Lyon looks entirely toothless and Fawad looks like a Warne-Murali hybrid, I'm taking Lyon in the Ashes irrespective of wickets taken in the WI.

No reason to chop and change on the basis of one series unless Lyon is super-inept and Fawad is uber-brilliant; short-termist form junkie selection sucks.
But Lyon hasn't done enough to keep his spot. He bowls darts and can't tie down an end, he has worse stats than others who've been dropped before him. He can't field well or bat. Granted those last things Ahmed isn't strong on either, but there are other options.

Spark

Global Moderator
But Lyon hasn't done enough to keep his spot. He bowls darts and can't tie down an end, he has worse stats than others who've been dropped before him. He can't field well or bat. Granted those last things Ahmed isn't strong on either, but there are other options.
This is like the sixth time you've said this and every single time it's been pointed out to you that literally everything in this post is wrong, so I guess there is persistence to be admired here.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
- flights the ball, gets drift and turn (doesn't bowl darts)
- fields particularly well in the gully
- isn't the greatest bat but is far from the worst and can hang around