• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Road to India in Australia 2024-25

govinda indian fan

State 12th Man
Looking at averages and run rates there aren’t many candidates outside of the failed 3. Harris seems to have the best combination of ave and run rate overall.

I’ve looked at turning someone like McDermott as a pinch opener but he doesn’t have an especially good run rate to pick him in that role. The best of the failed 3 is Harris while outside them you could pick the man PEWs likes, Sam Whiteman, or Mad dog who’s ave and run rate are comparatively good - but he’s just finished a bad match. A left field pick could be Inglis.
Sam whiteman seems good. Harris usally fails but cant blame him he has faced gun attacks of india and England in his short career

govinda indian fan

State 12th Man
Imo we should rest rohit for one test in nz series and play abhimanyu eswaran since rohit is missing one test in bgt it would be better if eswaran has some international experience under his belt. Playing makeshift opener is bgt could be disaster

Spark

Global Moderator
Why am I surprised? Because he's been pencilled in as the next cab off the rank for a few years so to go from that to not even in the top three or four is pretty drastic for this selection panel. Why am I not disappointed? Because frankly I don't really rate him very highly.

In general with this squad I think the selectors are signalling pretty clearly that the generation of bats who are currently 26-32ish is probably a bust and they're keener to see what the next gneeration can do.

govinda indian fan

State 12th Man
But rensh
Why am I surprised? Because he's been pencilled in as the next cab off the rank for a few years so to go from that to not even in the top three or four is pretty drastic for this selection panel. Why am I not disappointed? Because frankly I don't really rate him very highly.

In general with this squad I think the selectors are signalling pretty clearly that the generation of bats who are currently 26-32ish is probably a bust and they're keener to see what the next gneeration can do.
But renshaw scored 184 vs pak in his third test he is sure talented