• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Road to India in Australia 2024-25

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
Rutu is all class. It doesn't mean Easwaran should not get the nod now though. Easwaran has earned the shot to fail. But its also obvious why selectors or management may feel Rutu is the more talented. When AB fawns over someone, they are usually good. I would still pick Easwaran over Rutu right now.
Rutu might be a better stroke maker but he has massive weakness outside off. Dude plays away from the body all the time.
His dismissals even in white ball cricket are so similar.
Dravid might have made a lot of bad calls but I am glad he chose Jaiswal over Rutu in Carribbean.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Rutu might be a better stroke maker but he has massive weakness outside off. Dude plays away from the body all the time.
His dismissals even in white ball cricket are so similar.
Dravid might have made a lot of bad calls but I am glad he chose Jaiswal over Rutu in Carribbean.
See, these folks look at far more stuff than just basic numbers. He may well have that weakness and may not be selected but it did not stop Virat in his early years, for example. The guy Rutu reminds me most of, is Rahane. And the weakness outside off can be least prominent in Australia out of the SENA countries. These guys usually know what they are doing, the selectors and experts, as much as we can pretend that we know better.

Shri

Mr. Glass
He is a Mental midgets like KL rahul, should stay away from Indian cricket. No need for selfish players . As i said only CSK fans are crying about his selection all over social media.
ok so go blow them to make them feel better instead of crying about them crying here

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
See, these folks look at far more stuff than just basic numbers. He may well have that weakness and may not be selected but it did not stop Virat in his early years, for example. The guy Rutu reminds me most of, is Rahane. And the weakness outside off can be least prominent in Australia out of the SENA countries. These guys usually know what they are doing, the selectors and experts, as much as we can pretend that we know better.
Rahane was a superb Talent in itself alright. Everyone who watched him first time in Eng in 2011 rated him higher than likes of Rohit and Virat. His ability was never in question. Dude was a massive underachiever for the talent he possessed.
Ruturaj has definite similarities with Rahane & tbh I can see why TM rates him higher than Easwaran. They both will eventually fight it out on A tour of Australia.
Golden opportunity for them as Perth test is bound to have a 1 new opener.