• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ravichandran Ashwin vs Clarrie Grimmett

Who is the better test bowler?

• Total voters

capt_Luffy

International Captain
Bradman by far. Grimmett held his own against him.

Hobbs, Hammond, Sutcliffe are at least equal or comparable. All 3 played some ridiculous innings on turners. Hammond on particular was said to be the finest player of slow spin bowling in the world, some said all time. Better than Bradman by some. Headley himself was a damn good player of spin. Those guys are better batsman than Sehwag in general and at least comparable or not that far from Sehwag against Spin.

Guys like Nourse, Leyland and Ponsford were very fine players of spin themself.
Agreed, but none of them were as destructive on song as Sehwag against spin.

sayon basak

State Vice-Captain
"This ball I called my offbreak flipper, it proved to be a very successful ball, being much harder to detect then my ordinary googly because I did not have to drop my left shoulder to bowl it." C.V Grimmett.

"Both Grimmett and Pepper could bowl a bosie by some means other than out of the back of the hand. Clarrie spent years perfecting his offbreak "flicker" (sic) and then schooled Cec Pepper in the skill. Clarrie Grimmett was the greatest slow bowler the world has seen and I doubt we will see his like again." D.G Bradman
There's a footage in this video where grimmett demonstrates his flipper. Looks almost like doosra.