• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

RATE HIM: Sachin Tendulkar

How many points would you give to Sachin Tendulkar?(Out of 10)

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Voted 10.

Shane Warne put it best - Bradman's the best of all time, followed by Tendulkar, with daylight in third place. Warne once said he would go to bed having nightmares about Sachin hitting him back over his head for six; there is almost no higher compliment for a batsman.

Having never seen much of Bradman, Sachin Tendulkar is as close to perfection as I have ever seen in 13 years of watching cricket. He deserves a 10.

Super Fan # 1

Cricket Spectator
Stop talking absolute crap....
Lucky 2 get even 1/10 is ridiculous
He is without a shadow of a doubt one of the top 5 batsmen of all time
Bradman is the clear number 1
After this Tendulkar, Lara & a few other are are negotiable for positions

ret

International Debutant
But its an exponential scale isn't it? The difference between 6.0 and 6.1 is as big as the difference betwen 5.0 and 6.0, and 7.0 and 7.1 is the same as between 6.0 and 7.0.
yep, but for a layman the impact of one at say 9.5 and other at 10 would be similar coz both of them are going to be equally devastating. for e.g. the Kashmir quake at 7.6, the Gujarat EQ at 8.1, the Indonesia EQ at probably 7 .... something like the CN tower is designed to withstand an EQ at 8.5, iirc

i m not the best person to talk on Richer scale from a scientific PoV but speaking on it from a layman's terms

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Stop talking absolute crap....
Lucky 2 get even 1/10 is ridiculous
He is without a shadow of a doubt one of the top 5 batsmen of all time
Bradman is the clear number 1
After this Tendulkar, Lara & a few other are are negotiable for positions
You'll find that the person who said that was being sarcastic.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
yep, but for a layman the impact of one at say 9.5 and other at 10 would be similar coz both of them are going to be equally devastating. for e.g. the Kashmir quake at 7.6, the Gujarat EQ at 8.1, the Indonesia EQ at probably 7 .... something like the CN tower is designed to withstand an EQ at 8.5, iirc

i m not the best person to talk on Richer scale from a scientific PoV but speaking on it from a layman's terms
I'm confused as to where this leaves us in terms of ranking Sachin tbh. :laugh:

ret

International Debutant
I'm confused as to where this leaves us in terms of ranking Sachin tbh. :laugh:
:laugh: .... i have ranked Tendulkar, taking Bradman out of the equation

as I said, on a scale with Don in, if Don is 10 [avg of 100 in tests] then others are probably not higher than 6

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Fair enough. Just seemed a little weird.
nope just trying to be as unbiased as possible, that's all...for example david gower is one of my most favourite players, but it wouldn't make much sense rating him even an 8 as a batsman, would it?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I gave him a 9, in view that he ain't perfect, noone is but he is as good as you are likely to see

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Marking batsman out of 10, WTF, is this Form Ib's home work for next week?

Tendulkar stands along side Richards(V), Sobers, Lara, Pollock and Richard's(B) in the next tier down from Bradman.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Marking batsman out of 10, WTF, is this Form Ib's home work for next week?

Tendulkar stands along side Richards(V), Sobers, Lara, Pollock and Richard's(B) in the next tier down from Bradman.
This forum clearly doesn't meet you high standards. Please Leave....

...the thread.:p

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I cant give him 10 since he is not Bradman.

I cant give him 9 since he isn't Sobers (whom I have seen) or Jack Hobbs whom I haven't but would put right up their just below Bradman.

Thats the reason to give him 8. Which still puts him amongst the top dozen batsmen in the history of the game.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Highly subjective exercise....If we rank like 1 batsman gets 10, another gets 9 etc. then the 10th best batsman in the world gets 1 and all others get 0...On the other hand, if the worst batsman gets 0, the next worst gets 1 etc. then all except the 9 worst batsmen get 10...

So, what I did was allocate equal number of batsmen at each position. So, the best 1/10th of all batsmen are on 10, the next best 1/10th are on 9 etc...And undoubtedly Sachin is among the best 1/10th among thousands of batsmen (probably in best 5, too)...So, he gets a 10...

Basically, this thread is highly subjective and one can interpret it in his/her own way...

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Highly subjective exercise....If we rank like 1 batsman gets 10, another gets 9 etc. then the 10th best batsman in the world gets 1 and all others get 0...On the other hand, if the worst batsman gets 0, the next worst gets 1 etc. then all except the 9 worst batsmen get 10...

So, what I did was allocate equal number of batsmen at each position. So, the best 1/10th of all batsmen are on 10, the next best 1/10th are on 9 etc...And undoubtedly Sachin is among the best 1/10th among thousands of batsmen (probably in best 5, too)...So, he gets a 10...

Basically, this thread is highly subjective and one can interpret it in his/her own way...
But Bradman was so far ahead of anyone that he should be in a catergory of his own IMO. I actually think that Bradman would be the only 9/10 and then people like Sachin (who I put as 9/10 FSR) and Sobers would be 8/10 ect. I don't think anyone should be 10/10, because that means they are the perfect batsman, so to speak, and I don't think anyone has been perfect and I don't think there ever is going to be anyone who is perfect.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
I cant give him 10 since he is not Bradman.

I cant give him 9 since he isn't Sobers (whom I have seen) or Jack Hobbs whom I haven't but would put right up their just below Bradman.

Thats the reason to give him 8. Which still puts him amongst the top dozen batsmen in the history of the game.
Voted 9, then read SJS's post and want to change my vote to 8 for the reasons he gives, with which I wholeheartedly agree