• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

RATE HIM: Sachin Tendulkar

How many points would you give to Sachin Tendulkar?(Out of 10)

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

DaRick

State Vice-Captain
9.5/10, rounded down to 9. His ODI and Test records are both brilliant, although not flawless. He is a decent fielder and could have been a better leg-spinner than he turned out to be (he can still generate turn and has some variation).

Natman20

International Debutant
I accidentally did 7/10. Would rate him as 8. Awesome in parts but has had some down patches every so often. Very Classy legend.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I took that 10 is for Bradman, so he gets a 9 from me. I've made it well known that I don't enjoy watching him as much as I do others but there's no man I respect more in the modern game for his achievements.

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
I respect more in the modern game for his achievements.
I respect him more for the way he has conducted himself over the years. Here is a guy who can't roam around in Mumbai in broad daylight because fans crowding to see him would cause a traffic problem, hence goes to public places like temples etc at 3 am. Who is 100 times more popular in India than a Beckham or a Maradona ever were in their own countries. But has never made the news except regarding cricket. Never!

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
But has never made the news except regarding cricket. Never!

Tendulkar at French Grand Prix to cheer Force India

Tendulkar hit by flu virus

Tendulkar makes appearance at Wimbledon

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Think he meant negative.

Anyway the Ferrari incident is the only one that comes to mind.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
I said 10. I don't think its fair to have Bradman on this general scale, he's a Spinal Tap style 11. On the scale of normal human batsmen, Sachin's definitely a 10, along with maybe 10-15 batsmen tops through history.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
8 for me...my all-time favourite batsman....one of the greatest in all forms of cricket....

ret

International Debutant
I said 10. I don't think its fair to have Bradman on this general scale, he's a Spinal Tap style 11. On the scale of normal human batsmen, Sachin's definitely a 10, along with maybe 10-15 batsmen tops through history.
^ that sums up my feelings :)

putting an exception like Bradman on a general scale renders the scale meaningless .... if Bradman who averages almost 100 is at 10 then others who average in the 50-60 range [half of Bradman] would be no higher than a 6

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
^ that sums up my feelings :)

putting an exception like Bradman on a general scale renders the scale meaningless .... if Bradman who averages almost 100 is at 10 then others who average in the 50-60 range [half of Bradman] would be no higher than a 6
Unless its an exponential scale like the richter scale... :unsure:

ret

International Debutant
Unless its an exponential scale like the richter scale... :unsure:
haha .... i just looked at the Richer scale.

there is not much difference b/w 9 and 9.9, which are classified as Great, Devastating in areas several thousand miles across and occurring 1 per 20 years

10+ = Epic, Never recorded, Extremely rare (Unknown) -- it is estimated that the impact that supposedly wiped out the Dinosaurs had an equivalent magnitude of around 16-17

i guess, Bradman is the case of 10+, i.e. Epic, Extremely rare and wiped out all the bowlers :laugh:

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
But its an exponential scale isn't it? The difference between 6.0 and 6.1 is as big as the difference betwen 5.0 and 6.0, and 7.0 and 7.1 is the same as between 6.0 and 7.0.