• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Post season let off steam friendlies?

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Newbies for final game
1 B Fitzsimmons*
2 C Burge [7]
3 S Morris [6]
4 J Ritchie
5 D Cole [8]
6 Y Fjermestad+
7 A Pimpkins [4]
8 S Mittal [5]
9 M Hutchinson [2]
10 A West [1]
11 A Maina [3]

12th Man: K Konig

Bowling Orders: First 5 to bowl the majority of overs, only bring on part timers 6-8 when theres a good partnership or the score is 350+

Konig will come back in for the final so essentially a number of players are playing for their spot in the side for it.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Good effort Virgins.
The captaincy hasn't effected my batting, I've made 100 in each match, pity my bowling tactics and field placing never work.

Hope Read's captain gives him more of a bowl during the season.

pup11

International Coach
Haha, super effort Newbies, to beat the Virgins like that, but what was i doing pinch-hitting the way i did...

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Internationals' XI vs Newbies' XI
at PDV Dome

Scorecard
Ball By Ball

First use of a wicket combined with another mammoth batting effort ensured the Newbies went four from four in the charity series, which presumably will bring a large donation from the squad's benefactor, former Test batsman turned entrepreneur S. Fitzsimmons Snr. A reverse-alphabetical squad fought well, but in the end, thirty overs for 275 from Ash Chaulk put the pressure off, and no one could stick around with him from number eleven.

Yngve Fjermestad boosted the Newbies to 644 all out with a 199 - cruelly stopped by a fine catch from Dauth - after Cunningham had sliced through to 313 for seven despite Burge's opening hundred; Myles Hutchinson and Martin West provided good slogs. Matt Luff responded with 145, but low scores from Scott, Richards and de Silva prevented the innings from kicking off. Cameron Burge was brought on at 287 for three, taking three rapid wickets before Hutchinson, Mittal and West cleaned up. With a lead of 232, Fitzsimmons opted to bat again and set a massive total; it turned out to be nearly 700 after Morris (113), Ritchie (74) and Pimpkins (70) had completed their carnage. Clapham ended with four wickets after slogs from the tail. James Stedman provided some grit inresponse, but the double strike from Pimpkins and tireless work from Hutchinson gave the Newbies a 360-run win.

Newbies 644 all out
Fjermestad 199, Burge 135, J Ritchie 98, West 67, Hutchinson 50; Cunningham 5/100

Internationals 412 all out
Luff 145, Stedman 71, Hancock 58; Burge 3/51, Hutchinson 3/90

Newbies 449 all out
Morris 113, J Ritchie 74, Pimpkins 70; Clapham 4/115, Cunningham 3/55

Internationals 321 all out
Stedman 91, de Silva 60, Richards 58; Pimpkins 3/32, Hutchinson 3/81

Newbies' XI won by 360 runs

Code:
Newbies        4  4  0  0  24
Captains       4  2  2  0  12 
Internationals 4  2  2  0  12
Geezers        3  1  2  0   6
Virgins        3  0  3  0   0
If the Geezers (XI soon pls) don't win over the Virgins, the Captains go through on head-to-head; otherwise a quotient ruling will be applied.

Last edited:

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Newbies team for the Final
1 B Fitzsimmons*
2 J Ritchie
3 S Morris [7]
4 D Cole
5 Y Fjermestad+
6 C Burge [6]
7 A Pimpkins [4]
8 K Konig [5]
9 S Mittal [3]
10 M Hutchinson [2]
11 A West [1]

12th Man: A Maina

Bowling Orders: First 5 to bowl the majority of overs, only bring on part timers 6-7 when theres a good partnership or the score is 350+. If we are in a comfortable position as well give the others a bit of a bowl in the order of Ritchie, Fitzsimmons and Cole. Three or Four overs each is enough.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Just in case we do make the finals, so there's no delay.

Captains XI
1. H Mørk+
2. DP Smith
3. AJ Garven
4. LA Camps
5. DP Towns
6. DM Kennett (6)
7. MT Mitchell (5)
8. NL Patrick (4)
9. KS Wright (3)
10. GM Thomas* (2)
11. TJ Demeza (1)

About 10 overs each from the bowlers please.

Majin

International Debutant
Geezers XI

DK Rai
JR Gray (wk)
M Reddlapalli
RGEWS Cribb
TV Weber
GN Nayak (6)
ZE Gelman (5)
S Popat (3)
AAA Cameron (1)
MJ Smith (2)
RD Dunn (4)

Highest aggresion possible please for everyone

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
hmm clearly Chaulk =/= bowler

Edit- Any chance Int XI get a 5th game or are we already eliminated?

readie

State Regular
Good effort Virgins.
The captaincy hasn't effected my batting, I've made 100 in each match, pity my bowling tactics and field placing never work.

Hope Read's captain gives him more of a bowl during the season.

Read never bowls:p. He keeps :p

readie

State Regular
Read Educational Supplies will be donating $1000 for every run scored by the opposition next game also.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Virgins vs Geeers
at Casston Reserve

Scorecard
Ball By Ball

Despite some massive slogs - the nineteen-ball fifty from Sudeep Popat and the 151 from Dan Rai the highlights - and a six-for from Gaurav Nayak, the Geezers could not score enough runs to qualify for the final. Though they bashed 342 in 40.3 overs, and took twenty wickets in barely 60 overs in a four-session clash, the Captains qualified for the final.

Blake Donald was the only one to stand up in the first innings, making an unbeaten 71, but Read threatened to make a contest of it as the Geezers slipped to 112 for five. Gelman and Cameron supported Rai adequately, however, as the captain thumped twenty boundaries in an exhilarating knock. A dejected Virgins saw Rob Bowen succumb to a golden pair and keeled over for 144.

Virgins' XI 154 all out
Donald 71*; Cameron 4/37, Popat 3/28

Geezers' XI 342 all out
Rai 151, Popat 58, Gelman 43; Read 3/47

Virgins' XI 144 all out
Corrin 41, S Young 37; Nayak 6/27, Gelman 2/29

Code:
                              Runs For  Runs Against (estimated to full game of twenty wickets)
Newbies        4  4  0  0  24   4898        2697
Captains       4  2  2  0  12   3475        3094
Geezers        4  2  2  0  12   2577        2614
Internationals 4  2  2  0  12   3256        3337
Virgins        4  0  4  0   0   2426        4890
Captains qualify on run difference.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Haha surely some sort of record for the first captain ever to get out for a golden pair off the first ball of the innings. I knew making myself extra aggressive wouldn't bode well.

What a strange match though hey..
100 overs 600+ runs 30 wickets.