• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pool C - Wales, Australia, Fiji, Georgia, Portugal

Who will qualify from the group?

• Wales

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Australia

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Fiji

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Georgia

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Portugal

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ripper868

International Coach
Didn’t watch the game but social media is blowing up about the referee

General consensus is that Wales should have been at least a couple of players down
They were warned about 4 times, and a couple of them were very cynical that deserved a card on their own even without a warning - Biggar coming around the ruck while under the sticks 2m out with an overlap was blatant carding.

Fiji had their chances though, 2 drops over the line cost them dearly.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Fiji had their chances though, 2 drops over the line cost them dearly.
In fairness they should have had a penalty try for the first drop, Welsh player somehow gets away with a no arms tackle. I'm convinced the referee and the TMO were looking at 2 different players when they were reviewing that.

ripper868

International Coach
Yeah if it was a Fijian making that tackle and a Welshman scoring, you get the impression it would of been given. Think there was 'just' enough of a hint of arm trying to wrap which is what saved him, but for all purposes it looked very much like a now arms 'grass cutter' style of tackle.

Tom Flint

International Regular
I play rugby and there is nothing more annoying than a team giving away penalties under there own posts. It's not even always cynical but 4 in the space of 2 minutes is ridiculous. You are basically just giving away penalties hoping that the opposition eventually make a mistake and drop the ball. That ref was a disgrace.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I play rugby and there is nothing more annoying than a team giving away penalties under there own posts. It's not even always cynical but 4 in the space of 2 minutes is ridiculous. You are basically just giving away penalties hoping that the opposition eventually make a mistake and drop the ball. That ref was a disgrace.
Yeah there was a spell in the 2010s when this completely ruined the game at international level. The refs have got a better handle on it now in general, but the ref in this game was just piss-weak.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Yeah there was a spell in the 2010s when this completely ruined the game at international level. The refs have got a better handle on it now in general, but the ref in this game was just piss-weak.
I don't believe for a second he would have been as lenient at the other end.

Molehill

International Captain
I see the ref chosen for the Australia/Fiji game is 'Irishman' Andrew Brace. He was born and raised in Wales, but works for the Irish RFU.

ripper868

International Coach
I see the ref chosen for the Australia/Fiji game is 'Irishman' Andrew Brace. He was born and raised in Wales, but works for the Irish RFU.
Yeah I saw Daniel Leo's tweet as well, and think it's pretty **** people are speculating that his 'Welshness' will see him make calls v Fiji and be Australia's leading point scorer.

All for post game analysis of a **** performance, but pre-judging because of straw man linkages isn't fun.

Word is Ireland will let England win because of Owen's Dad btw.

Molehill

International Captain
Yeah I saw Daniel Leo's tweet as well, and think it's pretty **** people are speculating that his 'Welshness' will see him make calls v Fiji and be Australia's leading point scorer.

All for post game analysis of a **** performance, but pre-judging because of straw man linkages isn't fun.

Word is Ireland will let England win because of Owen's Dad btw.
I'm sure it will have no bearing, but when you've got so many refs to choose from, why would you select one who theoretically is not as neutral as others? It just means if he does make some mistakes which favour Australia, his nationality is called into question.

ripper868

International Coach
Portugal kicking 50/22's for fun, which are actually more like 22/22's, some impressive boots so far.

Only 1 score down as well, hopefully can stick with Wales through the 2nd half.

ripper868

International Coach
Fiji looking clean, Wallaby defens evolving for now, but Fiji already look way more dialed in than the Wales game, not pushing passes as much.

Big willing tackles on both sides already, this could be great fun

ripper868

International Coach
The commentators on ITV could do with a lesson in the value of not talking at times...its TV, not Radio.