• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pat Cummins

Ashes81

State Vice-Captain
I agree Cummins needs to drop the captain thing and just put all his mind into bowling.

Cummins is still best bowler in the world and mostly still bowling well.

Smith should be the Australian captain or head.
Looking from the outside I think it's pretty obvious that Cummins is limited tactically as a captain.

However, he does seem to have developed a good culture and spirit within the team and during what's a tough tour in terms of the schedule, is a significant plus.

The concern for me would be does the captaincy impact his bowling - others are better placed than me to comment on that.

If he is replaced, I don't think the Aussies should be going back to Smith. Head seems to be well respected as a captain in the Shield and would be the obvious choice I'd think.

Andy19

School Boy/Girl Captain
Looking from the outside I think it's pretty obvious that Cummins is limited tactically as a captain.

However, he does seem to have developed a good culture and spirit within the team and during what's a tough tour in terms of the schedule, is a significant plus.

The concern for me would be does the captaincy impact his bowling - others are better placed than me to comment on that.

If he is replaced, I don't think the Aussies should be going back to Smith. Head seems to be well respected as a captain in the Shield and would be the obvious choice I'd think.
I do agree Cummins is limited Tactics wise as a captain however he's overall results are very good.

The issue for me is Cummins doesn't bowl himself enough in the matches which hurts the team he is Australia best bowler.

I definitely think Cummins being Captain has hurt he's bowling he's average has dropped by 3 since he become Captain.

In a perfect world Smith would be best choice for Captain however because of 2018 & he might not even want it again.

I agree Head is next Australia Captain unless he's gets dropped or Labuschagne grows up.