• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

OK, So why are the Aussie going ahead with the Indian tour

pup11

International Coach
8-)8-) Are they going to get paid more for playing test cricket in India ?
I think CA would get paid some sort of share from the total revenue generated through this series which in itself would be huge sum, but more importantly if CA refuse to tour India, then India might also refuse to come to Australia and India touring any country is the biggest series for that country's cricket board in terms of revenue generated and situation for CA is no different, so no cricket board would like to piss BCCI.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Can someone give me a brief description of the troubles in India at the moment, in terms of who the fighting is between, why, etc.

Langeveldt

Soutie
I have been postponing a trip to South Africa because of what my wife fears as security issues in that country. She may be over reacting but one needs to respect her fears and concerns for my safety.
Shame, totally understandable though.. Our crime rate is indefensible..

As usual in this case, money talks, and bull**** walks.. Hope they get an absolute trouncing..

Last edited:

Xuhaib

International Coach
It was never the bombs...

Even though I reckon the only way the PCB will get the Aussies to tour is if they actually go out and make peace with the extremmists or catch Osama Bin Laden.
Dude they cant even discipline Shoaib Akhtar and you expect them to catch a dead guy.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Can someone give me a brief description of the troubles in India at the moment, in terms of who the fighting is between, why, etc.
Terrorists, generally over Kashmir. Not really much more complicated than that. Well, there are other extremists too, such as in Assam, but the big bombings are usually due to either sectarian violence, and Kashmir issue.

jeevan

International 12th Man
Should mention the organized crime element to the violence in India.

These type of bombings started with Bombay in 1993 and were carried out by Dawood Ibrahim's mafia. He's ow resident in Pakistan with strong cricketing links (one of which is his daughter being married to Javed Miandad's son).

So some of these bombing are carried out by people who are paid for it and are protected from the consequences by "somebody". No real political objectives etc

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Heard this morning they're having the security bloke look at this tour now as well.

5 gets you 10 they go....

pup11

International Coach
Heard this morning they're having the security bloke look at this tour now as well.

5 gets you 10 they go....

Its really not a big deal, its something CA are doing just to make sure that they don't end up looking like having double-standards after the postponement of the Pakistan tour, so they just want to send out a message that they apply the same yardsticks while gauging the security-levels of every country they are to tour.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
They look at Pakistan and they only see the threat of bombs..

They look at India.. there is the threat of bombs but they also see $$$$$$$$s.

Obviously, the situations are not same. :)

anoop4real

U19 12th Man
They look at Pakistan and they only see the threat of bombs..

They look at India.. there is the threat of bombs but they also see $$$$$$$$s.

Obviously, the situations are not same. :)
:laugh: That was nice........ but I dont think these blasts and all be a barrier fo their tour....

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
As f_o_s said the quote was somewhat overdramatic, but its true that the bombs went off pretty close to places where the players were a few days before going to Goa.
That's not narrowly escaped. By that definition, 16 million people in Delhi metropolitan area 'narrowly escaped'.