• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* World Cup Qualifiers 2023

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Zimbabwe will not maintain their core team. Ervine, Williams and Raza will all be 40+ in 2027.

It’s probably all over now, thanks for nothing ICC.
I wish (or hope) that teams like Zimbabwe bring their A teams over to come play cricket with us in our domestic 4-day competition. It's really healthy for the betterment of cricket...and players to have experience and come through the system.

We deserve better.

Money talks, bull$h!t walks

Migara

International Coach
I wish (or hope) that teams like Zimbabwe bring their A teams over to come play cricket with us in our domestic 4-day competition. It's really healthy for the betterment of cricket...and players to have experience and come through the system.

We deserve better.

Money talks, bull$h!t walks
Don't name West indies A teams. instead allow Guyana, T & T, and other islands to tour as A teams. That will at least galvanize the sides for survival after the eventual, the disbandment.

turnstyle

First Class Debutant
I don't think we'll ever see another new full member nation and I think that's a good thing.

I reckon the whole thing will eventually be scrapped and a single-tier system will be introduced. Not all members are interested or can afford to fund playing multi-day cricket but want more security around their status for sponsorships/contracts etc. This was actually brought up at the last ICC annual conference but is probably a while off yet.

Kenneth Viljoen

International Regular
Full membership should come with perks such as automatic qualification into ICC tournaments, otherwise what's the point ? Ireland must be thinking we had it better when we weren't a test side and our best players could play County Cricket without worry.

chris.hinton

International Captain
Full membership should come with perks such as automatic qualification into ICC tournaments, otherwise what's the point ? Ireland must be thinking we had it better when we weren't a test side and our best players could play County Cricket without worry.
Ireland should have been told to implement a 1st class domestic system as a criteria ( they scrapped it)

chris.hinton

International Captain
A real shame that the three associate(ish) teams that have outperformed expectations and played good cricket - Zimbabwe, Scotland and Netherlands - can't all go through to the main tournament along with SL (who've done what you'd expect them to do). Sounds like they should all make the 14-team 2027 WC if they can maintain their core team, but that's little consolation right now.

edit
Nothing wrong with 2 Groups of 6 for the 50 over World Cup.

SillyCowCorner1

King, when in the groove shows good temperament to bat long. He's shown this in his FC career. He needs to bat until the end here.

SillyCowCorner1

Aleem Dar with a fine decision there. He gave the LBW appeal as not out, mostly due to the trajectory of the ball...Oman reviewed it...ultra-edge picked up a spike.

I think Dar didn't even was aware of the feather touch lol.