• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Women's Cricket discussion thread

Spark

Global Moderator
Obviously it couldn't stay in Bangladesh, but it's hard to be excited about the UAE as a host. I was hoping Zimbabwe's bid might be successful.
Tbf UAE is definitely the best place to swap an event to last minute; it has all the infrastructure in place to do this sort of thing in place already.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, it makes sense. I just don't like the complete lack of atmosphere at those grounds.

Molehill

International Captain
England squad for the T20 World Cup
Only one out and out seamer in that squad, kind of tells you what kind of pitches they're expecting.

Chin Music

State Regular
Only one out and out seamer in that squad, kind of tells you what kind of pitches they're expecting.
Isn't there a danger though, that they spent a lot of time initially preparing for cricket in Bangladesh and then having to change tack somewhat to the skiddier pitches they have in the middle East than low, slow turners you get in Bangladesh?

LangleyburyCCPlayee

U19 Cricketer
Isn't there a danger though, that they spent a lot of time initially preparing for cricket in Bangladesh and then having to change tack somewhat to the skiddier pitches they have in the middle East than low, slow turners you get in Bangladesh?
Wasn’t the squad selected using AI? Wonder how they accounted for the change to the UAE?

Chin Music

State Regular
Wasn’t the squad selected using AI? Wonder how they accounted for the change to the UAE?
I thought that some of the games earlier in the summer v New Zealand, that they tried to prepare as much as they could for what they wanted to do in Bangladesh. I admit though, that there will be folk better sighted on me than this.

Molehill

International Captain
I agree, can't believe Cross isn't in there. The could conceivably play play about 6 spinners!!

I guess likely team is Wyatt, Bouchier, Capsey, NSB, Knight, Jones, Kemp/Gibson, Ecclestone, Dean, Glenn, Bell

_Ed_

I think we can all guess who'll be taking over.

RMBolton

U19 Debutant
I still think she should've handed in both captaincies two years ago, succeeded by Mackay (and thus never dropped) with Melie as VC & Bates floating around in an "elder stateswoman" role within the side.

Molehill

International Captain
Quite the thrashing (might be reaching for record books) in Ireland as the home side are beaten by 275 runs by England. Beaumont scored 150 no before the Irish were bundled out for just 45 in less than 17 overs.

This is largely an England Second XI with only Kemp featuring from the forthcoming T20 World Cup squad.

Himannv

International Coach
Quite the thrashing (might be reaching for record books) in Ireland as the home side are beaten by 275 runs by England. Beaumont scored 150 no before the Irish were bundled out for just 45 in less than 17 overs.

This is largely an England Second XI with only Kemp featuring from the forthcoming T20 World Cup squad.
In fairness I think that's still a strong England lineup. A lot of them have been in the first XI at some point or other.

Harry Tector's sister seems to be playing for the Irish.

Molehill

International Captain
In fairness I think that's still a strong England lineup. A lot of them have been in the first XI at some point or other.

Harry Tector's sister seems to be playing for the Irish.
The fact only one of them is heading to the T20 World Cup (and probably won't be in the starting XI) underlines the strength really. The first game was far more competitive, but good to see a decent series being played out and can only help the Irish.

I saw the Tector name and guessed they were probably be related.

_Ed_

Great to see Ireland bounce back to take out the (admittedly rain-reduced) third game. The 18-year-old Maguire could be a great find for them.

Molehill

International Captain
Great to see Ireland bounce back to take out the (admittedly rain-reduced) third game. The 18-year-old Maguire could be a great find for them.
As turnarounds go from one game to the next, this must be one of the most surprising. Sounds like a bizarre last over too, but the Irish sneaking home off the last ball.