• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies Tour of India 2018

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah Pant's an awesome young cricketer but he definitely needs to work on his wicket keeping before he's worth a place ahead of Saha, especially at home.

In terms of "current form", Pant's wicket keeping form is gash.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Guess a lot depends how long it will be till Saha is fit and ready though. Can hardly put him straight back into the side if he has only had one game, after such a layoff might need more than a months cricket to get going again and that may mean he isn't ready for Australia anyway. Can hardly blame Shastri for saying what he said when nobody seems to know when Saha will return.

morgieb

Yeah Pant's an awesome young cricketer but he definitely needs to work on his wicket keeping before he's worth a place ahead of Saha, especially at home.

In terms of "current form", Pant's wicket keeping form is gash.
Mind you if I was picking a side to play Australia (their next series) I'd probably have Pant over Saha. You need 5 bowlers here given none of India's best 6 batsmen can really bowl and I think that the keeping gap will be less relevant when you're using the quickies to take the majority of your wickets.

vcs

Can't be too harsh on the West Indies given that they've recently been beating the teams they should be beating. Still lots of improvement needed before they can challenge the top 5.

vcs

Yeah, that's true I guess. Still think they were hard done by because of the time wasted in the Chandimal ball tampering thing. Then they lost a close match in the next one.

vcs

WI lost the momentum a bit after that break in play. I thought it was a bit absurd that Sri Lanka basically refused to play for a while and got away with it. They did the same in India last year, though it was more understandable on that occasion with their players being unable to breathe properly.

There should have been a harsher penalty for holding up play like that. What if WI had eventually ended up 20 short with plenty of wickets in hand?

Last edited:

Borges

International Regular
West Indies would have run India close (or caused an upset) if they had played Kemar Roach in place of Bishoo.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
he looks an absolutely atrocious cricketer with absolutely zero idea about how to play the situation in front of him.