• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies Tour of India 2018

Burner

International Regular
Kuldeep is going to get murdered if he's taken to Australia. Calling it. It will be Yasir Shah 2.0.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Kuldeep is going to get murdered if he's taken to Australia. Calling it. It will be Yasir Shah 2.0.
Yeah, I'm hoping they pick him :p

Even though Ashwin's record in Australia is **** and Jadeja is just a dart-thrower that'll get flogged too.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Even though Ashwin's record in Australia is **** and Jadeja is just a dart-thrower that'll get flogged too.
I habour a secret fear of Ashwin actually doing fairly well here thanks to our best player of spin and best home track bully being gone and the increasingly slow and dry pitches that everyone seems to be intent on serving up.

Burner

International Regular

India's only good choice is Ashwin. He'll not pick up too many wickets but he'llbe able to hold one end up at least which I don't think the other two will be capable of. I am unsure of Jadeja though. He could go either way.

harsh.ag

All three, Ashwin, Jadeja, and Kuldeep have something going for them to be picked for the first XI in Australia. Ashwin the most reliable bowler, plus gives some batting, who will nonetheless "lose" one game by fizzling out. Jadeja the best batsman and good for long spells and giving breaks to the pacers. Kuldeep, the attacking, expensive, high variance one but with little batting chops.

It's going to be a difficult job, picking an XI. Could go with:
a) 4 pacers
b) 3 pacers, Hardik, 1 spinner
c) 3 pacers, 2 spinners
d) 3 pacers, 1 spinner

a) would most likely see Shami, Bhuvi, Bumrah, Ishant with the first two sharing the new ball.
b) would most likely see Ashwin play along with Shami, Bumrah, and Ishant.
c) would most likely see Jadeja and Kuldeep.
d) same as b sans Hardik.

the big bambino

International Captain
If you go with Shami Ishant Bumrah then you can compliment them with whom ever you like. Which will likely be Ashwin Jadeja and Hardik revolving btwn two positions. Kuldeep most probably won’t be used to be exposed but if he did he’ll do alright. CA basically threw the series under the bus with their so called statement banning the sand paper trio. Which means our best bat is now Usman and he can’t play spin. India should win all four tests because we have given them a backyard XI to bowl at.

srbhkshk

International Captain
If you go with Shami Ishant Bumrah then you can compliment them with whom ever you like. Which will likely be Ashwin Jadeja and Hardik revolving btwn two positions. Kuldeep most probably won’t be used to be exposed but if he did he’ll do alright. CA basically threw the series under the bus with their so called statement banning the sand paper trio. Which means our best bat is now Usman and he can’t play spin. India should win all four tests because we have given them a backyard XI to bowl at.
Underestimating how dire Indian bowling can be in Australia, the current crop is better obviously - but you never know how they are going to do in Australia, no solid data for such conditions.

the big bambino

International Captain
Underestimating how dire Indian bowling can be in Australia, the current crop is better obviously - but you never know how they are going to do in Australia, no solid data for such conditions.
For mine Bumrah makes a huge difference. Plus Ishant looks like a man who’s figured out how to bowl. Add Shami and it’s a side with pace bounce and swing. They look a challenge and would be hard enough if we had Smith and Warner. Without them we look as bad as the old 70s side that had Hibbert Ogilvie and Toohey. Wonder what Bob Simpson is doing?

Starfighter

India's largest victory, West Indies second largest loss.

The fact that most of what little conversation there is here is about the forthcoming Australia series shows how little any of us give a ****.

Last edited: