• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies Tour of England, JULY 9th to 25th, 2024-- 3 TEST MATCHES

CartyDurham

International Captain
This was only 13 years ago.

And this was only 12 years ago.

And this was only 11 years ago.
Send it to Hussain on X

BazBall21

International Vice-Captain
Yep I think we are allergic to batting 90 overs.
Obviously not really in this instance as it's the first innings but the lack of a rest for the bowlers might be a Bazball caveat. Khawaja's grinding tempo last summer maximised an energy advantage for the Australian attack.

Red_Ink_Squid

Global Moderator
Paced that slightly wrong, England.

Having been put in to bat, Stokes would have loved to have had a bowl before the close.

Ali TT

International Regular
Can't recall exactly what happened but wasn't it something to do with last ball before tea, Bell thought it had gone for 4, walked off and the stumps were broken?
That was it. Think the ball slowed up towards the boundary and Bell thought the fielder (Praveen Kumar) had given up, and the ball had crossed the rope. After touching down for the third run, he wandered out of the crease to meet his partner and head off. Then Kumar threw it back in. India withdrew their appeal over tea.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
We have better batsmen than the West Indies with Chandimal, Mathews, Karunaratne, the Mendis boys and DDS ..I daresay with Anderson gone we could cause an upset if we apply ourselves.
Agree and you are visiting at the easier time of year for batting. Will SL have any sort of build up after the LPL?

Hungry Llama

U19 12th Man
It's also why some of our players will finish their careers with averages between 35-40 rather than 45+

England go in for entertainment rather than strategy and finish about 100 runs short on this wkt.
Really Windies got away with it. Despite bowling and fielding poorly they got 10 wkts on day 1.
Mystery why they didnt bat in such beaut conditions _and_ leave out they best player from Lords - is
Motty injured? Theres a little bit in the wkt as usual but got to find the right length but i spose
Wood will just be banging it in short ATB.

Red_Ink_Squid

Global Moderator
England go in for entertainment rather than strategy and finish about 100 runs short on this wkt.
Really Windies got away with it. Despite bowling and fielding poorly they got 10 wkts on day 1.
Mystery why they didnt bat in such beaut conditions _and_ leave out they best player from Lords - is
Motty injured? Theres a little bit in the wkt as usual but got to find the right length but i spose
Wood will just be banging it in short ATB.
Motie is sick I think.

CartyDurham

International Captain
The first session tomorrow will be interesting , for the West Indies they need to go in no more than two down

also will Bashir get a bowl before lunch ?