• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies Tour of Bangladesh 2018

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Obviously the pitch has deteriorated a fair bit as well, but the longer this game has gone the more obvious the even-obvious-at-the-time absolutely terrible bowling from Bishoo and Chase on Day 1 has been.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I actually thought Ambris would be more of a loose slogger than even Hetmyer

He's shown this match he's certainly willing to bat time

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Well done Bangladesh, now double it. Would be really good to see them finally win a series against a top 8 opponent.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Entertaining test, sad we came short but we have batting deficiencies and will struggle until we sort them out.

Only thing I would say is that the team that won the toss was always likely to win as conditions got dramatically worse. I'm confident we would have won if batting first and that's not great.

Beamer

Obviously the pitch has deteriorated a fair bit as well, but the longer this game has gone the more obvious the even-obvious-at-the-time absolutely terrible bowling from Bishoo and Chase on Day 1 has been.
Yep agreed. A combination of day 1 being the only day where batting conditions weren't really tricky and those two bowling badly meant we were behind the eight ball.

Beamer

Also, Powell's shot must be right up there as one of the worst by a top order batsman. Unreal. He must be dropped.

Beamer

On the plus side Ambris looked much better today. Hopefully that's a sign of things to come.

Been thinking about where Bangladesh and West Indies cricket is at. I think if there's pace in the pitch we absolutely thrash them. If it's a raging turner it's closer but Bangladesh will usually win.

It will be interesting in the next test if we win the toss and bat. That will be a true test if Bangladesh. Considering they've won tests against England and Australia here, I would consider 1-1 a reasonable result.

Borges

International Regular
Been thinking about where Bangladesh and West Indies cricket is at. I think if there's pace in the pitch we absolutely thrash them. If it's a raging turner it's closer but Bangladesh will usually win.
Who would you fancy if the pitch is something like the ones that West Indies got in India?

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Would Bangladesh ever not prepare a raging turner. It levels the playing field for them so theyl keep doing it

Beamer

Would Bangladesh ever not prepare a raging turner. It levels the playing field for them so theyl keep doing it
Agreed and we, like everyone else, will just have to find a way to deal with it. Charging down the wicket first ball is probably not the answer......

However, this approach will lead to them getting absolutely embarrassed overseas like they were in the Caribbean. That is something they are going to have to work out.