• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies Tour of Bangladesh 2018

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
WI seem to have learned nothing from their last 3 or 4 Tests in similar conditions, appalling batting.

Borges

International Regular
Oh! There is nothing to look forward to now.
Well played Hetmyer! No century, still an innings which is the only thing worth remembering about this test match.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What people don't mention about Hope's centuries is that he was dropped a bunch of times during them. I'm not sure he's been dropped this series.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
What people don't mention about Hope's centuries is that he was dropped a bunch of times during them. I'm not sure he's been dropped this series.
Rubbish. He was dropped once on 106 in his second innings. He has been disappointing since but don't denigrate one of the all time great batting feats falsely.

Other than that, I'm too angry to give meaningful analysis. Can't blame the pitch it praise the bowling too much, that was rank bad batting. I hope Courtney Brown, who has spent 3 years putting this batting lineup together and talking about giving people long runs, enjoyed watching that as much as I did.

OverratedSanity

I don't remember many drops at all. England and WI both dropped plenty that test (one of the worst fielding exhibitions ever imo) but Hope and Braithwaite'innings were mostly chanceless.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Love Hetmyer but hope he gets a few test hundreds before he becomes a merc. You can see him commanding serious money in the IPL and the likes.

the big bambino

International Captain
Hard to imagine a worse batting side than Australia's atm but the WI are. The regression of Hope has been bad enough but given the preference WI players have for the T20 leagues, they may lose their star Hetmeyer as TT Boy suggests.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
West Indies have looked all at sea against spin in this year.
Agreed. Completely clueless in 4 tests. Can't blame our seamers as we didn't play a single test at full strength but what these tours have shown is our batting and spin bowling is not up to the mark.

Hetmeyer is an exceptional talent. They need to reward him with a top quality contract and a leadership role like vice captain to keep him interested and away from the mercenary route.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Personally I think Hetmyer's biggest reward should be all of us spelling his name right in unison. Only bad spelling can drive him towards globetrotting T20 life.

flibbertyjibber

Well done Bangladesh. Got 3 match winning spinners for home conditions now. Become a tougher place to go in future.

Bangladesh in improving their performance level the more cricket they have played of late shocker.

Windies will be glad to get home after a pretty wretched few months away.