• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies tour of Australia, Jan–Feb 2024

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This one's next level. Satisfying that it happened after everyone lamenting the death of the format after the first test
The weird thing about it is that I don't think the WIndies played that poorly. Hobart 2015 it wasn't. Really West Indies had a shot at a first innings lead but for Head's innings.

King Kane

International Debutant
What an amazing upset win for the Windies, it was fitting that Shamar Joseph got the winning wicket, another great bowling performance from him.

It reminded me of Doug Bracewell bowling NZ to victory against Australia in Hobart back in 2011 and that match finished with a bowled dismissal too.

Coronis

International Coach
Shamar Joseph bowling in Australia with a broken toenail.
Much easier than bowling in India with a broken toenail as a spinner.

Seriously, Joseph is going to be a great bowler if he can stay fit. While the comparisons with Hobart 2011 are obvious, this was a performance that exhibited vastly superior quality to what Dougy produced back then.
The big question. Archer was the next big thing 5 years ago.

edit: wtf has it really been 5 years since that series

morgieb

He looks the absolute goods. Physical stamina, pace, seam presentation, aggression.
What I find most impressive was how the two spells contrasted from each other. The first one felt like youthful exurberance and confidence. The second had the guts of a 70 Test veteran. Absolutely has the potential to reignite Test cricket in West Indies *fingers crossed*

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Absolutely has the potential to reignite Test cricket in West Indies *fingers crossed*
People have said this every time a single player puts in a good performance for the West Indies for the past fifteen years. It hasn't happened yet.

TimAngas

State Vice-Captain
Surely the best test in Australia in a decade or more, with the only possible competition being the Gabba 2021.

Burgey

People have said this every time a single player puts in a good performance for the West Indies for the past fifteen years. It hasn't happened yet.
Yeah you don’t rebuild a nation with one player, but it’s a wonderful moment for sure

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah but if you don't have hope then what else is left?

I said it last night and I'll say it again: there are the bones of a properly competitive team here. They just need Kraigg and Chanders Jr to come good and find one more batsman... somehow...