• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies tour of Australia, Jan–Feb 2024

Spark

Global Moderator
I didn't question the declaration at the time, but given the margin you would've thought Cummins was good for another 10 runs at least....

Still I think in games this close you could point to anything changing the result, really.
I mean you can't be that fine-toothed about these things but I really feel like he should have batted on one more over of slogging. Might not have added anything but the extra 15-odd might really have helped.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Shamar Joseph to Hazlewood, OUT
West Indies win! Shamar Joseph flattens off stump! They charge off in celebration. Shamar Joseph takes seven! The West Indies huddle together. Brian Lara is nearly in tears in the commentary box! Perfect length, angled into middle and off, it straightens past the edge and flattens off! That is so good.

😍😍

Calm_profit

State Vice-Captain
Questions were already started to began during Pakistan series or maybe since Ashes (thats a different story) but due to their poor fielding and batting, Australia got away with it.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Seriously, Joseph is going to be a great bowler if he can stay fit. While the comparisons with Hobart 2011 are obvious, this was a performance that exhibited vastly superior quality to what Dougy produced back then.

Kenneth Viljoen

International Regular
A star has been born. Shamar Joseph take a bow, congratulations to the West Indies and their fans today is a victory for Test Cricket.
Fortress Gabba breached by two of the biggest underdogs this century, incredible!

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
NZ v Bangladesh in 2021 perhaps.

Also no mention of the Border-Gavaskar 2020/21 series?
NZ vs bang a good shout, forgot that. Border gavaskar was a miracle but I don't think a 2-1 India win would've been looked at as impossible pre series. It was the manner of it that was a shocker.

This one's next level. Satisfying that it happened after everyone lamenting the death of the format after the first test. Bit like that wi vs Eng test at headingley in 2017 in a way.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I didn't question the declaration at the time, but given the margin you would've thought Cummins was good for another 10 runs at least....

Still I think in games this close you could point to anything changing the result, really.
Dropped catches first innings more important tbh. Always a million moments in tight test matches.

Declaring nine down in a night session is almost standard protocol.

Bahseph

International Debutant
WI need to wrap this man in cotton wool and make sure he is paid the best they can afford because him,Seales and Alzarri might be the reason they are competitive for the next 7 or 8 years.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I mean you can't be that fine-toothed about these things but I really feel like he should have batted on one more over of slogging. Might not have added anything but the extra 15-odd might really have helped.
Factoring in the context of how the ball had behaved the previous day, I think the 'declare to get them under lights thing' was over-egged. Late declarations 'to have a few overs' are vastly overblown in general.

Spark

Global Moderator
Seriously, Joseph is going to be a great bowler if he can stay fit. While the comparisons with Hobart 2011 are obvious, this was a performance that exhibited vastly superior quality to what Dougy produced back then.
He looks the absolute goods. Physical stamina, pace, seam presentation, aggression.