• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies tour of Australia, Jan–Feb 2024

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Is it just me or are Foxsports peddling a ton of Bancroft propaganda?
CA Twitter and website are even worse for this.

I'd definitely prefer him to Harris and I'd probably prefer it to messing up Green's career as well but I can't say I'm really enthused about him. He definitely has it in him to play a good innings against a good attack in at least neutral conditions which I don't really think is true of Harris, but I think his ceiling probably tops out at averaging mid to high 30s.

It seems increasingly like it'll be Harris anyway, especially after Cummins went on the record so strongly opposed to Smith doing it.

mackembhoy

International Regular
He could not cheat
You allowed the more prominent cheaters back. You just gave one a guard of honour and commentary gig for life.

It's more he implied the bowlers were complicit in cheating(only those involved truly know what happened).

But nobody likes a grass etc, especially with the captain one of those people he tried to grass up.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Would surprise considering Roach's atrocious record in Australia: 8 wickets @ 90 in 7 Tests.

Surprised they picked him for a 4th Oz tour considering his past record.
This was a topic of debate in the Caribbean. General consensus is given all the missing names and lack of experience they needed as many experienced players around as they can.

If it were up to me, Roach would not play tests with the Kookaburra. Still, given his skill levels against left handers from around the wicket, there is a chance he could get someone like Harris out. Would be completely useless after that mind you.

My memory of the last tour after all the injuries we suffered was essentially no one getting above 135kph, let alone 140. IIRC, at one point, it was so bad Devon Thomas was our quickest bowler after the injury replacement got injured straight away. So it is vital that the two Josephs play IMHO. We need that pace.

Qlder

International Debutant
Not just fox reporting it. What has Green done to deserve a recall nevermind moving one of the best Aussie bats ever into a position switch
Screenshot_20240109-142930_Samsung Internet.jpg

ataraxia

International Coach
Good move. (And, sorry to be such a harbinger of doom, but if it doesn't work out in these two tests, it doesn't really matter does it they're gonna win anyway.)

Silver Silva

International Regular
Got to be a record for most Test Match innings played before opening the batting. Steve Smith has never opened before.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not just fox reporting it. What has Green done to deserve a recall nevermind moving one of the best Aussie bats ever into a position switch
I doubt that's what's happened. Sounds like Smith wants to have a crack at it regardless and it's just convenient timing that it allows Green to fit into the middle order

As to what he's done to "deserve" a recall he's pretty clearly the next best red-ball bat in Australia which he shows time and again when he gets opportunities at the next level down. He's better than your boy Bancroft as a batsman alone before you even take age and bowling into consideration

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah it's pretty obvious to me that this is something Smith himself has suggested and asked for. They wouldn't be doing it otherwise.

Qlder

International Debutant
Renshaw, Bancroft and Harris may as well give up on Test cricket, so might as well retire from Shield cricket as well

Last edited: