• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** West Indies tour of Australia, Jan–Feb 2024

Spark

Global Moderator
I really don't get the 'have to take the extra half hour thing'. At the number of runs remaining the match could easily have gone for an hour beyond lunch. And I think it often actually advantages the batting side. Certainly does in weather like this.
On the other hand, when you have a bloke in the zone like Shamar is, do you really want to risk breaking up his bowling rhythm when you could get another two overs out of him?

Coronis

International Coach
Not sure. If they chose to take it they were silly. Shamar, having bowled eight or whatever overs in a row, could have rested in the air conditioning and come out much fresher after lunch.
Braithwaite’s choice. Make or break captaincy moment.

RossTaylorsBox

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He defs did at Headingly. I must be missing something, he generally looks like a bag of nerves whenever it gets close.
Hmm, even apart from the fumble at headingley, he fell to pieces towards the end in the Gabba test vs us too. May be a bit different since he's batting I guess but he certainly doesn't strike me as the ice cold type.
I'm talking about batting mainly.