• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official West Indies in New Zealand***

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The original post was aimed at how Richard always manufactures statistics to suit his argument about how bad a player is/isn't.. Hence the "O'Brien would be pretty rubbish as a left hander too" comment.. And show some sympathy to me for talking absolute tripe at such a sensitive time of morning
:laugh: What have you been drinking tonight, Langers?

Atreyu

School Boy/Girl Captain
Damn we need to break this partnership. Especially get Nash out so I don't lose my Avatar challenge :dry:

First Post page 100:ph34r:

Last edited:

Matt52

U19 Vice-Captain
Anybody else find it depressing that Ryder bowls faster than our two opening bowlers?. Maybe thats our tactic, bore them into mistakes. One of NZ's most boring bowling lineups ever, and thats saying something. Had to change to the Aussie game to wake up again.

Did I mention I find this boring?

Nutter

U19 Debutant
Anybody else find it depressing that Ryder bowls faster than our two opening bowlers?. Maybe thats our tactic, bore them into mistakes. One of NZ's most boring bowling lineups ever, and thats saying something. Had to change to the Aussie game to wake up again.

Did I mention I find this boring?
I'm with you. Franklin and Mills are the most pedestrian "spearheads" I have ever seen. I don't even know how they get people out. Out of frustration probably.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
This could really be the making of Brendan Nash as a Test batsman. He's come out in difficult circumstances with West Indies in trouble, really dug in against some accurate bowling and progressively expanded his stroke range. He's weathered the storm - if he can really go on with it and post a ton it'll be a real gem.

Prince EWS said:
This could really be the making of Brendan Nash as a Test batsman
God, if you told me two years ago that I was going to post that one day, I would have had a fit of uncontrollable laughter...

Matt52

U19 Vice-Captain
I'm with you. Franklin and Mills are the most pedestrian "spearheads" I have ever seen. I don't even know how they get people out. Out of frustration probably.
Its more of a bowling defense really than a bowling attack. Apart from Bangladesh, every other nation has quick bowlers in their lineup. Even India has that really tall skinny guy whose name I cant recall. We just, as a nation do not produce any quality quick bowlers, apart from Bond and Hadlee. Must be something in the water.

Matt52

U19 Vice-Captain
I dont think Ive ever seen two opening bowers at 125kph before. FFS At least allow OBrien to open the bowling, At least he got it up in the high 130's.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Its more of a bowling defense really than a bowling attack. Apart from Bangladesh, every other nation has quick bowlers in their lineup. Even India has that really tall skinny guy whose name I cant recall. We just, as a nation do not produce any quality quick bowlers, apart from Bond and Hadlee. Must be something in the water.
FFS, why does it matter so much how fast they bowl? Get over it already. They're hardly a "bowling defence" when they both average around the 30 mark, and giving Franklin an absolute pasting is hardly fair given he's clearly not 100% yet.

It's nice to have a genuine quick in the attack but it's hardly a necessity and if your bowlers do their jobs and take cheap wickets, it's really of no relevance. For an extreme example, McGrath > Sami.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
This could really be the making of Brendan Nash as a Test batsman. He's come out in difficult circumstances with West Indies in trouble, really dug in against some accurate bowling and progressively expanded his stroke range. He's weathered the storm - if he can really go on with it and post a ton it'll be a real gem.
Aye.

Flem274*

123/5
Fa$t Bowlaz Fa$t bowlaz! Swing bowlaz hav no place in *****t. U n33d sp33d or ur gay

Martin Crowe: "James Franklin is not quite test standard in his career with bat or ball"

Haha what a dick. Commentary not up to test standard really.

Chanders and Nash are gun, put a six in the commentary box, prefferably in Crowes fat face.

Flem274*

123/5
I dont think Ive ever seen two opening bowers at 125kph before. FFS At least allow OBrien to open the bowling, At least he got it up in the high 130's.
Havent watched much opening bowlers then.

Gillespie, Sherlock, Bennet and McClennaghan are the fastest bowlers in the country, and the are absolute pie chuckers 90% of the time.

Shaun Tait, Mohammed Sami, Steve Harmison (for a very long time) and this WI fast bowling attack are extremely pie-prone, despite being very quick.

Flem274*

123/5
Its called swing and seam, but unless its a domestic match then it doesn't exist at Napier.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
As I said before this Test started, Franklin shouldn't be playing Tests until he's back bowling at 100%. He clearly isn't anywhere near that at the moment and his selection isn't really doing anyone any good at all - he gets enough random and undeserved hate without playing two Tests on his comeback without being at the top of his bowling rhythm.

I can see him getting dropped because of this and having it count against him later, which is completely ridiculous. Dire, dire player management.