• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official West Indies in New Zealand***

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Can Baker please be taken off!!

No way should have bowled the most overs out of the fast bowlers.

If they are worried about having tired quicks for the new ball, just bowl the quicks for a couple of 2 or 3 over spells.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
You just can't give that out. There's no way an umpire can be sure that's hit in line without technological assistance.
Indeed, which is why we've introduced the technological assistance. To expect the human eye to be that accurate would be ridiculous.

JimmyGS

First Class Debutant
Indeed, which is why we've introduced the technological assistance. To expect the human eye to be that accurate would be ridiculous.
Sure that ball has just hit in line, but to me, that's not out. To me, it's LBW if the umpire is SURE that it's hit him in line, not if it technically does.

Despite the fact that through closer inspection, that was actually out, I still believe that it should have been given not out.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I agree with Jimmy.

Guessing Jimmy is a batter and Prince is a bowler - probably a spinner no less.. :laugh:

Atreyu

School Boy/Girl Captain
Nice 50 coming up there for Ryder, hopefully he can convert it into his maiden century.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Sure that ball has just hit in line, but to me, that's not out. To me, it's LBW if the umpire is SURE that it's hit him in line, not if it technically does.

Despite the fact that through closer inspection, that was actually out, I still believe that it should have been given not out.
In an era of flat pitches, small boundries, revolutionary bat technology and evolving batting techniques (not to mention batting powerplays and free hits in one day cricket), surely something that might benefit bowlers a little bit on balance is only going to improve the balance of the game.

I'm absolutely stoked it was given out, really. I'd love nothing more than to take the possibility of human error or "unsurity" as you put it out of the game totally.

As I was saying before, umpires have existed throughout cricket's history because they have been necessary; not because they actually make cricket a better game with their input.

JimmyGS

First Class Debutant
In an era of flat pitches, small boundries, revolutionary bat technology and evolving batting techniques (not to mention batting powerplays and free hits in one day cricket), surely something that might benefit bowlers a little bit on balance is only going to improve the balance of the game.
I agree, but that's not really what we're arguing about.

If I was Flynn there would be holes all over that changing room, and my **** would be everywhere. I don't believe that it's good that a decision that would've been not out a week ago is given out today.

Even on hawkeye the ball's only hit half-and-half in line! I would accept it if the ball had fully hit him in line but that was very iffy to say the least.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Poor outing from Baker thus far. Looked decent in Abu Dhabi. Edwards has been cack, too full or too short. Taylor was very good early on, unlucky not to have a couple of wickets.

400 min for the New Zealanders.

Atreyu

School Boy/Girl Captain
Bad light cuts the day short sadly. I enjoyed watching this match. Flynn and Ryder preforming fantastically and McIntosh having A solid Debut

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I agree, but that's not really what we're arguing about.

If I was Flynn there would be holes all over that changing room, and my **** would be everywhere. I don't believe that it's good that a decision that would've been not out a week ago is given out today.

Even on hawkeye the ball's only hit half-and-half in line! I would accept it if the ball had fully hit him in line but that was very iffy to say the least.
Nah, definitely out for mine. Couldn't disagree more with what you're saying but I've done it all before and it just goes around in circles so I'll stop now.

99*

International Debutant

I'm absolutely stoked it was given out, really. I'd love nothing more than to take the possibility of human error or "unsurity" as you put it out of the game totally.

As I was saying before, umpires have existed throughout cricket's history because they have been necessary; not because they actually make cricket a better game with their input.
Umpires haven't been needed since television replays became available. So why would they still be there? There's more to it than just getting the right decision every time (or rather 3 times per innings as this works iirc)

Polo23

International Debutant
After seeing that referral, I am instantly not a fan. Firstly it took too long and secondly I didn't much like the decision.

I never quite realised how much this referral crap would take out the "benefit of the doubt" for the batsman. For mine, Flynn should have got the benefit of the doubt, because simply, there was a lot of doubt of whether it hit him in line or not.

On the plus side, Vettori is going to get an absolute bucketload more LBW's go in his favour.