• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official West Indies in New Zealand***

Polo23

International Debutant
If we don't score 500+ here the whole team should all die a slow painful death. This Windies bowling attack is rubbish, bar maybe Taylor.

There is NOTHING in the pitch and it is too cold to swing. God knows why Taylor continues to play that mockery of a cricket shot, it is horrible, why Bracewell didn't stamp it out of his game is a mystery...lets hope Moles, with his batting experience, has the ability to do so.

Nice to see Flynn doing well, but again, it should be expected.

Days of Grace

International Captain
If we don't score 500+ here the whole team should all die a slow painful death. This Windies bowling attack is rubbish, bar maybe Taylor.

500 may be pushing it. The batting lineup is low on confidence.

I'd be happy with anything over 400. Would represent a good step forward.

Athlai

Not Terrible

There is NOTHING in the pitch and it is too cold to swing. God knows why Taylor continues to play that mockery of a cricket shot, it is horrible, why Bracewell didn't stamp it out of his game is a mystery...lets hope Moles, with his batting experience, has the ability to do so.

Nice to see Flynn doing well, but again, it should be expected.
500+ still a big call from here. 400+ for sure though.

500 would simply be a very good effort, less than 400 and I'll call for slow painful death myself.

Athlai

Not Terrible
This Windies bowling attack is rubbish, bar maybe Taylor.
Yeah Taylor is gun. Edwards also had a few gems in the mixture of the rough and was unlucky not to pick up a deserved wicket. Really if how well you've bowled was awarded with wickets you'd think Taylor 2 and Edwards 1 at this stage, yet neither have anything to show for it.

99*

International Debutant
Here we go, cricket's turning into rugby league. :dry:

And Daniel Flynn I think is going to kill someone.

99*

International Debutant
I really hate the referral system.
Same, already don't like it. If you want something like this there's no reason to have the umpires making decisions, just make everything a tv replay decision.

JimmyGS

First Class Debutant
The referral system doesn't sit well with me. It's messing with the basic fundamentals of umpiring and I don't like it.

JimmyGS

First Class Debutant
You just can't give that out. There's no way an umpire can be sure that's hit in line without technological assistance.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
The referral system doesn't sit well with me. It's messing with the basic fundamentals of umpiring and I don't like it.
Umpires are there to get decisions right; not because the art of umpring is an exciting and integral part of cricket.

If having no umpires at all would increase the chances of getting more decisions right then that's how we should go. We're not at that stage at the moment, obviously, but I don't see why people actually care about the fundamentals of umpiring.