• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies in India

Who is a better option for India at No. 6 for the WI series?

• Total voters

Xuhaib

International Coach
not sure what to make of Sharma he is still young so if he gets his act together in the next couple of years India can still get 8-10 quality years out of him however if the bloke still bowls the same way in his 40th test the way he bowled in his 1st test then this means the upside potential is limited.Tough to decide.

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
No movement whatsoever! Sure the outfield looks quite green but there should be some reverse going on at this stage?

People seeing this innings would realise what Arjun, I and a few others have been mentioning in the Indian domestic season 2011/12 thread. Varun Aaron doesn't have enough ball skills to be a proper test match bowler at this stage. Reasonable in LOIs, but feel that Yadav, the two Kumars, Pankaj Singh and a couple of others are better than him in the longer format of the game.
Ditto for the other overhyped pace sensation - Deepak Chahar.

Stapel

International Regular
Can anyone think of a time when all the top 6 got past fifty in the same innings?
From Cricinfo:

Welcome back. These are the days for records. let me tell you if Samuels reaches 50, this will be only the fifth time in Test history that each of the top six have scored at least 50. It last happened against India, inflicted by Pakistan. In fact Pakistan have done that twice to India, in Lahore in 1989, and in Karachi in 2006. Sharma to resume after tea. The pick of Indian bowlers

Howe_zat

Audio File
Cheers.

500/4. Wonder if the declaration is being discussed - I'd think they'll want to bat for as long as they can while the wicket's this good to bat on. Maybe see if you can last until it starts to deteriorate, then put them in.

Stapel

International Regular
150! Too easy for Bravo.
To be fair, he also makes it look easy, not?

In fact, for the first time I will go with those who keep comparing DMB with BCL. I've always felt that was way too early. But the facts are pretty clear. He's 22 years old and has scored over 1000 Test runs in the last 12 months. And not just easy tracks and easy opponents.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ashwin chased that ball around the rope like a 15 year old Labrador trying to keep up with a Jack
Russell puppy.

Couple of long days, but India's fielding has looked bad here. Obviously flat in a dead rubber.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Feel people are being slightly harsh on Aaron here.

Firstly, this pitch is certainly flatter than the ones in the first 2 tests, and secondly he has bowled well in certain spells, even though he might have had some off overs too.

Edit - And he gets another one.

Outswinger@Pace

International 12th Man
Definite spring in the step now for the lad. Quick, aiming at the castle and could get some morale-boosting wickets now.

Might as well bowl quick and straight since he's absolutely clueless as to how to nip the red cherry around. :D

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Question to betting enthusiasts - if I put $500 now on India winning this test, how much can I earn if they actually win it?