• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies in India

Who is a better option for India at No. 6 for the WI series?

• Total voters

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Reckon our pacers lose speed because they get told to concentrate on "line and length" after there initial success. Seriously it's gay. If you got in the team because you could bowl fast then keep bowling fast <_<

nsniks

State Vice-Captain
West Indies have announced ODI squad.

Squad: Darren Sammy (capt), Adrian Barath, Darren Bravo, Danza Hyatt, Anthony Martin, Jason Mohammed, Sunil Narine, Kieron Pollard, Kieran Powell, Denesh Ramdin (wk), Ravi Rampaul, Kemar Roach, Andre Russell, Marlon Samuels, Lendl Simmons

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Only Afridi has a better six to matches ratio than Darren Bravo in test cricket.

Commentators now talking about how flat the wicket is, yesterday they were talking as like it was a minefield.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
"How about allowing the bowling team to keep both the balls(old and new), so they can use best spin and fast bowlers simultaneously and thus attack more. Will surely break the monotonicity of tests and make things more interesting."
Thoughts, anyone? Would remove the whole tactical dilemma of when to take the new ball tbh.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Thoughts, anyone? Would remove the whole tactical dilemma of when to take the new ball tbh.
Bit unfair on the batsmen, for example they'll have to adjust after every over if someone is bowling with the new ball from one end and getting conventional swing while on the other end someone is reversing it.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
I've always believed tampering should be legal (as in you can rough the ball up with your nails, no foreign substance should be used).

Daemon

Yadav was obviously not putting enough effort earlier on. Now that he's got the wicket his pace is back up. Don't think that's the way to go about it, he should be putting in effort every ball.

EDIT: Cricinfo's speed guns suggest otherwise..

shankar

International Debutant
Yadav's somehow drastically improved his wrist action this match. Hitting the seam consistently. In contrast, Ishant's release is all over the place. But Shastri's saying he's looking in great form for Australia 8-)

Flem274*

123/5
Reckon our pacers lose speed because they get told to concentrate on "line and length" after there initial success. Seriously it's gay. If you got in the team because you could bowl fast then keep bowling fast <_<
Being told to concentrate on line and length is homosexual?

We don't have an official consensus yet, but I strongly suggest you refrain from using the word "gay" like that in future because you never know who might be reading.

Enjoy the match.:)

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Being told to concentrate on line and length is homosexual?

We don't have an official consensus yet, but I strongly suggest you refrain from using the word "gay" like that in future because you never know who might be reading.

Enjoy the match.:)
Huh? Oh.. I thought it'd be covered by the censors like most other words are. My bad lol.

Daemon

I think he has trouble against righty lefty combinations. Over compensates on his line for the lefties and doesn't make the batsmen play enough.