• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies in India

Who is a better option for India at No. 6 for the WI series?

• Total voters

Teja.

Global Moderator
Hope Aaron's injury rules him out for test contention for atleast the next two years.

The bloke shouldn't make India's 4th FC XI ffs.

Last edited:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
DWTA . :p

Hope it is not too serious and does not cause him future problems.Certainly has some potential.

Teja.

Global Moderator
DWTA . :p

Hope it is not too serious and does not cause him future problems.Certainly has some potential.
If he has the potential, Let him have two seasons in FC cricket averaging below 30 for a start? Surely not so hard for someone with potential.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
If he has the potential, Let him have two seasons in FC cricket averaging below 30 for a start? Surely not so hard for someone with potential.
Same and more can be said about Sreesanth before/after he was selected?:p

I agree he needs some FC experience but not the first bowler in the world to be brought into International cricket without it. Cummins/Ishant for examples. To say he is a 4th team choice bowler is way Over the top.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Same and more can be said about Sreesanth before/after he was selected?:p
Yes.

Though I've been advocating his dropping for ages, Sreesanth atleast enjoyed some form of success in the FC scene. Aaron has been an absolutely pathetic bowler. You know it.

Last edited:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
The next four day season starts in Febuary and i can't wait, looking for the pacers to really stand up and be counted, last year a tall quick by the name of Carlos Brathwaite was th pick of the bunch with 26 wickets and he's a good batter down the order aswell, i'm sure the likes of Shannon Gabriel, Nelon Pascal and Jason Holder will be looked at too, there's plenty of young bowlers coming up but the selectors need to be brave enough to pick them, the status quo can't win us a Test match against the top four teams imo.
How dfoes fc 4 day stuff work in WI windie? Do you just play teams from within your own country? Or is it against teams from across the West Indies.

Teja.

Global Moderator
:huh:

Bloodthirsty.
Haha, didn't mean it the way it came out. Had a a few today meaning despite hitting the edit button nonstop, I end up screwing up.

What I meant was now that now that he's out of test contention due to the injury, I don't want him anywhere near test selection until he's played FC cricket for a couple years.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
I hope he doesn't play test cricket for a while yes, but I'd still like him to grow in the ODI format.

Nice to see Vinay get a call up for the tests, now if only Mithun can injure himself and Irfan can get selected then we would have the perfect squad =)

WindieWeathers

International Regular
How dfoes fc 4 day stuff work in WI windie? Do you just play teams from within your own country? Or is it against teams from across the West Indies.
Guyana, Jamaica, Trinidad, Bardados, Leewards, Winwards, CCC and now HPC compete against eachother, then it goes to a quarter and semi finals and the two best teams play for the title, the HPC are a new team in the mix which consists of the most talented youngsters all across the caribbean, they played in the last one day competition and got to the semi's where they came within an inch of defeating the eventual champions Jamaica, who had most of their big guns i.e Gayle, Russell, Santokie etc.

Not as many teams as county of course but the standard ain't too bad, England Lions played in it earlier this year and only won two out of seven matches.

sreeku7

School Boy/Girl Captain
I hope he doesn't play test cricket for a while yes, but I'd still like him to grow in the ODI format.

Nice to see Vinay get a call up for the tests, now if only Mithun can injure himself and Irfan can get selected then we would have the perfect squad =)
More likely Zaheer gets injured and Irfan replacing him as a left armer

G.I.Joe

International Coach
AWTA. It's an ordinary play on his last name with all the usual Tam Brahm stereotypes thrown in. They're all overworked cliches.

shankar

International Debutant
'Brilliant' maybe an overeaction :p but still found it fairly amusing despite the article plucking all the low-hanging stereotype fruits.

ganeshran

International Debutant
All the hype (by Indian fans) around Aaron is because of the one 153 kmph ball he bowled in a domestic match. He seems at average at best and "might" turn out to be a decent bowler provided he is coached well and works on his fitness.