• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies in India

Who is a better option for India at No. 6 for the WI series?

• Total voters

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Sammy is starting to really annoy me btw. How many catches has he dropped this series. For someone who isn't particularly good in either discipline his fielding should be one place where he shines.

He does seem to put in important performances every now and then, otherwise the knives would have to be out.

Xuhaib

International Coach
like the look of the new offie slowly windies is developing decent depth in there bowling department.

NasserFan207

Is Bishoo injured?
Was injured in the final test. Hamstring or something, was bowling of one leg during the 4th innings

I think the Windies have given up on their oneday batsmen and are just going to focus on their strengths in that format: bowling and big-hitting allrounders

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Was injured in the final test. Hamstring or something, was bowling of one leg during the 4th innings

I think the Windies have given up on their oneday batsmen and are just going to focus on their strengths in that format: bowling and big-hitting allrounders
Simmons, Bravo and Samuels are all gun imo.

NasserFan207

Simmons, Bravo and Samuels are all gun imo.
Simmons has done ok, Bravo has great potential and Samuels is fairly poor but makes up for it with his bowling and occasional matchwinning innings. Apart from them, the only WI oneday batsmen I'd rate would be Gayle and Chanderpaul, one of which is basically retired and the other doesn't play cricket anymore

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Rohit was superb again, and good fight shown again. That's pretty much the only positive about that batting display.

Sehwag and Gambhir's form ahead of Australia is worrying, especially Gambhir. Raina needs to up his game too, while Parthiv is just being his usual mediocre self and can GAGF tbh.

No way should India have been struggling to chase 260 on that pitch at Ahmedabad, despite the poor death bowling.

Last edited:

NasserFan207

If you take into account how many times Sehwag's been dropped this series it looks worse. He is seriously out of form

On the positive side for India Rohit Sharma and Kholi are looking like the real deal

Would love to see Rohit get a run in the test side

Last edited:

Cruxdude

International Debutant
WI thoroughly deserved this win. This Andre Russell has been very impressive, remember him scoring a lot when we went to the WI. The form of Sehwag and Gambhir is really worrying. With the rising stocks of Australian fast bowlers and the form of our front men I am worried to say the least. Also Rampaul WAG.

ganeshran

International Debutant
4 top order players - Viru, GG, PP and Raina have scored a grand total of 122 runs between them in the three matches played. No way we are going to win with that kind of consistently bad performance by so many players

Flem274*

123/5
4 top order players - Viru, GG, PP and Raina have scored a grand total of 122 runs between them in the three matches played. No way we are going to win with that kind of consistently bad performance by so many players
I'm sure they're giving it their honest effort though, and they're good players. Stick with them imo.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Gotta feel for the Indian bowling attack. They try hard and they make the most of their ability but at this level they're always going to struggle. The quicks just can't quite realise their abundant potential, while the spinners are hardworking toilers.

Athlai

Not Terrible
If West Indies were at full strength they'd have dominated this Indian team. It must hurt for them to see the world's best limited overs opener score runs as a mercenary T20 player all over the world when they have to play Hyatt in his place.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
If West Indies were at full strength they'd have dominated this Indian team. It must hurt for them to see the world's best limited overs opener score runs as a mercenary T20 player all over the world when they have to play Hyatt in his place.
Players do tend to become Hercules when they haven't played for a while. The WI may very well have won this series but dominated I don't think so.