• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official** West Indies in England***

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bravo tries to do too much rather than just be reliable. Applies to both his batting and bowling. He would help the team much more if he applied some consistency, as opposed to trying to be a superstar.

Perm

Also, it must be said - Prior's wicket keeping looks ordinary at best.
Tough call. He took quite a few good ones early on, but he has been doing a pretty decent job. Interesting to see how he goes against Monty though.

Lovely shot Smith, beautiful to watch.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Is the pitch in the sort of condition that will allow Monty to take wickets?

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Bravo tries to do too much rather than just be reliable. Applies to both his batting and bowling. He would help the team much more if he applied some consistency, as opposed to trying to be a superstar.
I think the problem there is, he is expected to be somewhat of a superstar. He probably reads his own press a bit - about how he's the future of West Indies cricket and how so much rests on his shoulders in the coming years. TBPH, too, a solid, reliable player wouldn't really do the West Indies that much good at the moment. Given the performances of the other players - especially the bowlers - of late, Bravo really does need to try a bit more. With the bat in test cricket though, he could certainly tone it down a bit.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Tough call. He took quite a few good ones early on, but he has been doing a pretty decent job. Interesting to see how he goes against Monty though.

Lovely shot Smith, beautiful to watch.
He hasn't done anything especially dire yet, but he's certainly been a bit fumbly and looked untidy at times. Obviously that'll count for little if there are no byes and he catches all the chances, but I don't see that happening ITBT.

Perm

I think the problem there is, he is expected to be somewhat of a superstar. He probably reads his own press a bit - about how he's the future of West Indies cricket and how so much rests on his shoulders in the coming years. TBPH, too, a solid, reliable player wouldn't really do the West Indies that much good at the moment. Given the performances of the other players - especially the bowlers - of late, Bravo really does need to try a bit more. With the bat in test cricket though, he could certainly tone it down a bit.
Oh of course, he is definately expected to be a superstar and he is the future of West Indies cricket. However, in order to be a superstar I think a bit of consistency is needed in both disciplines. His bowling is good and he has a few variations, but needs to get it in the right areas in Test cricket. His batting is good, and if he applies himself then I can see him averaging 35 over his career, hopefully around 30 with the ball.

Perm

He hasn't done anything especially dire yet, but he's certainly been a bit fumbly and looked untidy at times. Obviously that'll count for little if there are no byes and he catches all the chances, but I don't see that happening ITBT.
He took a few down the leg side and a couple that bounced infront of him, but I agree that he does look a little bit twitchy and at times looks like he could be on his heels as opposed to his toes.

Perm

Hmm, too early to starting talking about a draw with Hoggard off? Just have that feeling with this bowling.
It's looking that way, unless one of the other bowlers can come up with something special. I doubt we'll see Hoggard back for a while.