• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official** West Indies in England***

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Its fun to watch we are either getting jaffas or wides!
I find it painful. We have a guy who's played 50+ test matches so bereft of confidence & technique that it's a champagne moment any time he troubles the batsmen. The fact that there's so much in the wicket for him only makes the whole thing even less bearable.

PY

International Coach
The speed thing has been messed up all game, it had Fidel up at 95mph earlier in the game I believe.

Would probably take 2-3 mph off any of those readings.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
The speed thing has been messed up all game, it had Fidel up at 95mph earlier in the game I believe.

Would probably take 2-3 mph off any of those readings.
That's not without precedent, and he's certainly looked pretty sharp these last coupla days.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I find it painful. We have a guy who's played 50+ test matches so bereft of confidence & technique that it's a champagne moment any time he troubles the batsmen. The fact that there's so much in the wicket for him only makes the whole thing even less bearable.
The real question is...

"How on Earth has someone this awful played as many Tests as he has?" (5 of those which count in I$C$C records are against Ban and Zim)

PY

International Coach
Plunkers takes a wicket 2nd ball. Gayle has been looking dodgy for last 2 overs and plays a poor shot.

If Harmison is going to be turd, then I'd quite happily see him take a 'my belle'.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
No, Gayle looked completely dreadful, for no apparent reason.

Runako Morton at number-four... oh dear...

Poker Boy

State Vice-Captain
He's taking second lesson in "bowling", fairly obviously.
At least he's newish to Test cricket and still learning - unlike someone with over 50 Tests and nearly 200 wickets who can't bowl either. PS - I saw this one somehwere "Imagine Harmison as a mafia hitman. He'd killl his victim with the 50th bullet but what would happen with the other 49"?:laugh: Oh and if I were AD I'd be making my excuses and going back to SA.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Haha, I heard someone saying it a few years ago. Tenuous at best, not sure why I put it to be honest....

Michelle, My Belle >>>> Michelle Pffeifer etc.

Shocking I know. :dry:
Well it can't possibly be worse than some of the stuff I come-up with, so don't worry. :)